Quantum- Semi Live, Family Perspective

Peewee14

Thanks PeeWee for the informative review!

We just booked a Cat F room for Anthem next year. May I ask which room you were in?

I had read that the Cat F rooms on the starboard side had a pole near the bed, but those on the port side did not.

Thanks for your help!

I Everyone! I had completely forgot about this thread until someone just replied and i got an email alert! We stayed in 8110.

brought back some nice memories reading through this thread!

Just an update, we Picked our Motorhome up when we got back and have had a few good weekends away, we had a fantastic christmas! We got married on the 27th December the year before so Christmas was a little neglected in 2013, but this time we had am amazing Christmas, think it was the first time Diana really got the whole idea! We went to Lanzarote for 10 days at New Year and just a a lazy do nothing beach holiday.

Diana turned 4 In January and she will start school in September.

We have fallen in love with the USA, and although we planned on motor homing this year, we decided we would have one more big one before school starts and the prices go stupid.

So in May we are off to Orlando for 3 weeks! I don't know who is more excited me or Diana!!

We did consider combining it with a cruise but in the end we couldn't get the dates/budget etc to match up!

I hope your all keeping well and enjoying your sailing, I was reading in the news that Indy is coming back to Southampton in 2016! and I am hoping we can book her, the more we thought about it after the cruise we have decided that although our Quantum and New York Adventure was fantastic, given the choice we would pick the Indy and My Time Dining when travelling with a little one, when she is older or of just Michaela and I then things might be different.

I Everyone! I had completely forgot about this thread until someone just replied and i got an email alert! We stayed in 8110.

brought back some nice memories reading through this thread!

Just an update, we Picked our Motorhome up when we got back and have had a few good weekends away, we had a fantastic christmas! We got married on the 27th December the year before so Christmas was a little neglected in 2013, but this time we had am amazing Christmas, think it was the first time Diana really got the whole idea! We went to Lanzarote for 10 days at New Year and just a a lazy do nothing beach holiday.

Diana turned 4 In January and she will start school in September.

We have fallen in love with the USA, and although we planned on motor homing

this year, we decided we would have one more big one before school starts and the prices go stupid.

So in May we are off to Orlando for 3 weeks! I don't know who is more excited me or Diana!!

We did consider combining it with a cruise but in the end we couldn't get the dates/budget etc to match up!

I hope your all keeping well and enjoying your sailing, I was reading in the news that Indy is coming back to Southampton in 2016! and I am hoping we can book her, the more we thought about it after the cruise we have decided that although our Quantum and New York Adventure was fantastic, given the choice we would pick the Indy and My Time Dining when travelling with a little one, when she is older or of just Michaela and I then things might be different.

Hi.I have loved your review and photos thank you for sharing.Can't wait to go on Anthem this year?Are you going on Anthem this year?

Thanks so much for the update! Really miss your fun blog from the Quantum of the Seas. We leave on Sat. For an 8 day cruise. Having seen it from your eyes, I can't wait!!!

Kathie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for popping in with an update. I was on Quantum in February and often found that I would go somewhere on board only to remember something you had posted -so I had to try the breakfast burrito in Two70!

• 2 years later...

Hi Everyone!

Cant believe its been so long since this trip to NYC!

I haven't been on the boards for a good while, as we haven't been cruising! The motorhome thing didn't take off to well for us, we got a little bored of it and after falling in love with the US we have since done a few fantastic trips to Disney in Orlando, including spending xmas there this year.

We have a new addition to the family, my son Austin who is 1 year old in June, Diana is 6 years old now and in School and she is doing really well....

I have just booked a child free cruise for the wife and I at the end of June so I came back to the boards to catch up and noticed this thread from all that time ago and thought I would just give you this little up date and share a few pictures...

DSC_0714_zpsnvoqgkf2.jpg

IMG_1127_zpstpo9kbuo.jpg

IMG_1107_zpsz5oekedn.jpg

IMG_1024_zpsxejkb0qh.jpg

I hope everyone is keeping well, its brought back some fantastic memories of our special adventure and I might look at doing another report on our upcoming trip!

Pete & Family :D

I have just spent the last hour reading my own review, so glad I did this now, it was great to read through it all again and re live the memories, it was out first time in the US and as I said in the review we loved it, been back a few times now :D

Hi there

Congratulations to you and your wife on the 1 yr old new addition to the family

Love the pictures. What a pair of cuties!

I hope you do post from your next sailing

What ship and itinerary on you going on?

I loved reading about your journey in New York and your cruise on the Anthem so I would be very happy to follow along again.

Thanks

Hi there

Congratulations to you and your wife on the 1 yr old new addition to the family

Love the pictures. What a pair of cuties!

I hope you do post from your next sailing

What ship and itinerary on you going on?

I loved reading about your journey in New York and your cruise on the Anthem so I would be very happy to follow along again.

Thanks

Thank you!

We sail 29th June Norwegian Eascapes ! Will be our first time in Norway & Denmark

Love the update. Congratulations on the new addition to the family. He is an absolute cutie (just like his sister). Your transatlantic review back then inspired me to visit New York (not by cruise ship though). We went for summer and loved it so much, we returned for Christmas. New York at Christmas was fabulous.

Hope you and your wife enjoy your kid free cruise.