Has anyone cruised to Greece and Italy before?

Connie Geha

This was the first time we decided to take a cruise (after being told about the fantastic on board entertainment, quality food, excursions and value for money). After having completed this cruise on the Poseia, I have to say that the entertainment was seriously lacking (the show was limited, and the cruise director made a number of silly jokes in Italian, which you could not understand, and wasted 15 to 20 minutes of each show), the food was below average (we received over cooked food, raw food or tasteless food in the main restaurant and buffet). The people offering the excursions did not wait for people who where part of the tour, they rushed through things and ignored certain people, they even left people outside of the gates at an attraction and only went back to fetch them after I complained about this). When we collected our passports there was no order and the people handing out the passports (Patricia was the women), did not serve people in the que but rather helped all the people who pushed in. People on this cruise (to me it was overcrowded and consisted of a number of unhappy / rude and arrogant people, the sad part is that this was the crew as well as the guests). Lastly the value for money was not there, I find it would be cheaper and more enjoyable to do our own trip, as I would have a better experience at a more competitive price. To end this on a positive note, the cabins where really nice and comfortable, there where certain staff that where friendly and went out of their way to make the experience positive, but these where far and few between.

• 2 weeks later...