Taking wine onboard Royal Caribbean.

MmeH

Sailing on Oasis this December...do they have a corkscrew in room..or should you bring one thx!

I always pack my own, but if you forget or don't have one, your cabin attendant will bring you one. Though they are

not the easy to use kind...better than nothing. ;)

I have cruised 68 sailings. Every cruise the same question comes up.

Each line has a policy on their web site. Look it up.

Every cruise I see people having to turn in their wine AND booze on embarkation.

Every cruise I see people being asked to open their checked bags only to find a stash of wine or booze.

Some staff overlook corkage some don't.

With all that said, why not avoid the pre- cruise stress of worrying about " what can I do" and the hassle of packing and lugging contraband onboard, not to mention the time to address an embarrassing situation and time away from your vacation, when you can simply buy a glass or bottle of wine in board.

A bottle holds 4 1/2 glasses of wine. How much do you think you will save? Add corkage you may end up paying more.

Now if your brining on a very expensive bottle of fine wine or it's a special bottle not available on board then that's a different story.

Cruise stress free , buy your booze on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I suggest you take your own advise. ;)

Any advice on how I get a second glass of that wine with my dinner? I guess I then have to buy it from the MDR?
We just fill up our glasses REALLY full on the way out to dinner (and hope for calm seas!).

The problem of course with filling up the glasses is that you are more likely to run out of stateroom wine very early in the week!!!

We just fill up our glasses REALLY full on the way out to dinner (and hope for calm seas!).

The problem of course with filling up the glasses is that you are more likely to run out of stateroom wine very early in the week!!!

We like to enjoy a glass of wine on the balcony during a sea day afternoon. If we should run out of comp wine or wine we brought on board, (OH no!! :o) we have in the past bought a bottle of house wine from one of the lounges and took it back to our cabin. Cheaper than by the glass. ;)

We like to enjoy a glass of wine on the balcony during a sea day afternoon. If we should run out of comp wine or wine we brought on board, (OH no!! :o) we have in the past bought a bottle of house wine from one of the lounges and took it back to our cabin. Cheaper than by the glass. ;)

if you order wine prior to the cruise from them there is no corkage fee taking it to the dining room or specialty restaurants

if you order wine prior to the cruise from them there is no corkage fee taking it to the dining room or specialty restaurants

Thanks! That is good to know for some, but I already knew that. ;)

Have not had to buy wine on board for some years now though. We take on our two allowed bottles, have 3 bottles waiting for us, from the very generous C&A perks. Those are wines we use just in the cabin, (no corkage there of course) though lately, we have not really had to take on any wine...except on longer than 7 nights. Have actually ended up taking a bottle back off the ship that we brought on and did not use. :o

Mostly we just hand carry a glass into the restaurant from the CL/DL or one of the lounges that we

use our drink vouchers at.

OMG...we don't go thirsty...that's for sure! ;):D

Thanks! That is good to know for some, but I already knew that. ;)

Have not had to buy wine on board for some years now though. We take on our two allowed bottles, have 3 bottles waiting for us, from the very generous C&A perks. Those are wines we use just in the cabin, (no corkage there of course) though lately, we have not really had to take on any wine...except on longer than 7 nights. Have actually ended up taking a bottle back off the ship that we brought on and did not use. :o

Mostly we just hand carry a glass into the restaurant from the CL/DL or one of the lounges that we

use our drink vouchers at.

OMG...we don't go thirsty...that's for sure! ;):D

we do the same on our way to dinner.....the drink vouchers come in handy on the way to dinner.. and now I understand you can use them in the dining room and specialty restaurants, a recent change.

we do the same on our way to dinner.....the drink vouchers come in handy on the way to dinner.. and now I understand you can use them in the dining room and specialty restaurants, a recent change.

Really! Had not tried to use them in the dining room yet. Nice change indeed!! :) Thanks for the update..Cheers!

If you stay in an inside cabin you'd have more to spend on wine!!! <vbg>

Actually, we find that most of the time the difference between bringing wine and buying on board, unless you are a huge drinker, is not a lot of money...and we don't obsess about it.

we do the same on our way to dinner.....the drink vouchers come in handy on the way to dinner.. and now I understand you can use them in the dining room and specialty restaurants, a recent change.[/quote]

Sounds good but do you know how recent the change was made? The only reason I ask is we did a B2B Caribbean cruise on the Jewel 2 and 9 April 2017. On the first leg of the cruise we were able to use our drink vouchers in the MDR (early MTD). On the second leg were told we couldn't. Different wait staff and no floating bar server in the MTD on the second leg.

Edited by davekathy

we do the same on our way to dinner.....the drink vouchers come in handy on the way to dinner.. and now I understand you can use them in the dining room and specialty restaurants, a recent change.[/quote]

Sounds good but do you know how recent the change was made? The only reason I ask is we did a B2B Caribbean cruise on the Jewel 2 and 9 April 2017. On the first leg of the cruise we were able to use our drink vouchers in the MDR (early MTD). On the second leg were told we couldn't. Different wait staff and no floating bar server in the MTD on the second leg.

Not surprising. As I always say "The only thing consistent on RCI ships....is inconsistency!" :o

Hi, I had the very same question. As I do not drink very much I have not purchased the drinks package, so thought I would bring a couple of bottles of my favourite wine. I did email RC as the information displayed on their website changed. They have confirmed the following:

We can confirm that you can bring up to 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. The corkage fee is all the way around, if you consume this on public areas then you will need to pay a fee of USD$15.00 per bottle.

Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two 750 mL bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops during the cruise vacation will be stored onboard and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. Wine brought onboard may not be shared for consumption in private group events, and/or in lounges made private for the exclusive use of a group.

Wine should be brought onboard via carry on if possible. Luggage containing wine will not be delivered to the stateroom and guests will need to retrieve their bag from security once the ship has set sail. Only staterooms with at least one (1) guest over 21 years old are eligible to bring bottles of wine or champagne onboard. Pier staff will inspect the bottles and if they appear to have been tampered with they will not be allowed to be brought onboard. Guests may request a corkscrew to use for opening bottles in their stateroom.

So, provided I drink this in my cabin, no corkage fee will apply.

Happy sailing.

Edited by Diddybubby