Taking showers in spa & size of beach towels Rhapsody

Shawninrye

After 30 minutes of searching I give up lol.

I thought I read somewhere that you could take showers in the spa.

We are in a Jr aft cabin and to save time before dinner and morning "private" time I thought one of us could just take back stairs to the spa with our shower bag.

Is that possible? We are starboard side aft corner on Rhapsody.

The other question is taking the towels to the beach. Someone said the towels are too thick and short for the beach.

I love a nice big beach towel. Was willing to buy one but does not appear they are for sale on Rhapsody.

I would hate to lug beach towels.

Any comment on the towels?

The fitness center/gym is open to any adult...the "spa" is a "pay for treatment" place.....You may use the fitness center showers....not the spa, unless you booked a treatment.

The pool towels are fairly large...I always get 2!

Edited by cb at sea

Not to split hairs but on the deck plans the aft location on deck 9 is called spa and fitness center. Is that also the gym?

Sorry. I also call them gyms but who knows lol.

The fitness center is the gym. The gym equipment is on deck 10. Deck 9 has the massage rooms, changing rooms, and shower facilities.

I used the fitness center locker rooms to shower on Serenade a few years ago. I was cruising with my mom and sister. I had forgotten what a bathroom hog my sister was! [emoji51] I took my clean clothes, my own toiletries, and wash cloth with me nearly every afternoon of the cruise. I used the towels provided there. The showers were large and no one else seemed to be using them. If I remember correctly, there was a dispenser of mystery soap like in the cabin showers. It did save time. If I had to wait for my sister to finish, I'd never get to dinner on time! I tried to get her to alternate nights with me. She would not agree to this arrangement. Needless to say, if I ever cruise with her again, I will be getting my own cabin. [emoji12]

We are in a Jr aft cabin and to save time before dinner and morning "private" time I thought one of us could just take back stairs to the spa with our shower bag.

The other question is taking the towels to the beach. Someone said the towels are too thick and short for the beach.

I love a nice big beach towel. Was willing to buy one but does not appear they are for sale on Rhapsody.

The fitness center lockers. Not the Spa.

They provide towels poolside that are larger than a standard bath towel but not actually beach towel sized. The private islands are no problem bring those but any of the other ports they may not permit it( plus you have to sign them out and you are charged $25 each for any not returned)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sailed Grandeur of the Seas -past Sept- every morning - used the jacuzzi & solarium pool almost every morning & then did sauna & steam- the showered. Yes they had liquid soap & conditioner. Also the towels were very nice. Left the cabin shower for DW.

As you said, not to split hairs, and just to let you know, there is no aft staircase, so you have to go to the midship stairs to go up there.

As you said, not to split hairs, and just to let you know, there is no aft staircase, so you have to go to the midship stairs to go up there.

Not sure about Grandeur, but on some Vision class ships, there is a guest stairway on one side of the deck 8 passenger corridor, about halfway between the centrum and the aft end, that goes right up to the spa area.

I read the below quote form 2005 lol(I'm sure many things have changed). Just trying to confirm it .

"We have 8088 on the Rhapsody this Christmas. Also, first time aft. I have been told there is a stair way that goes from 8th deck up to the spa and it can be used when the spa is open. The person said the door is not marked, but those that know about it use it alot. I'm not sure where it is, but will look for it in December. Excited about trying an aft cabin."

Other posts have said that they used this stairway to go to the spa/gym/workout room.

I understand they are separate areas but it's the locker room that I would use.

Thanks

Here is another reference I found to the stair case. It was posted last year 2015

They are referring to cabin8596. Rhapsody RCL

"The only drawback was the long walk to anywhere on the ship. But we absolutely loved the cabins. You will too. Also, if you are on the starboard side, part way up the hall there is a door to a set of stairs that goes up to the spa. It is a great shortcut to the Solarium, the spa, the fitness center, and the Park Cafe when it is open."

I am hoping it is still there lol.

Thanks for all the help.

• 8 months later...

I realise that this is a really old thread, but I'm booked on Rhapsody next year, and I'm excited about it, and avoiding other, more productive things I could be doing today.

Here is another reference I found to the stair case. It was posted last year 2015

They are referring to cabin8596. Rhapsody RCL

"The only drawback was the long walk to anywhere on the ship. But we absolutely loved the cabins. You will too. Also, if you are on the starboard side, part way up the hall there is a door to a set of stairs that goes up to the spa. It is a great shortcut to the Solarium, the spa, the fitness center, and the Park Cafe when it is open."

I am hoping it is still there lol.

Thanks for all the help.

Rhapsody Deck Plans - I see a secret staircase and we've booked 8587. Very convenient for my early morning yoga!

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/assets/pdf/our-ships/rhapsody-of-the-seas/Rhapsody_2018_May.pdf