Dining in the Patio

alanbab

I picked up this comment from a recent review:

The best place for evening dining is The Patio with table service but one can also visit the buffet line from there.

When we were on Journey in September dining in the Patio we noticed people going back and forth from the patio to the buffet. For us this should be stopped . The Patio is a service restaurant if people want buffet then they should dine in the buffet. It rather spoiled the ambience of the place. I wondered if anyone else has the same view and if maybe there is a large key to lock the connecting door !!!!

No, I don't share your view. I'll often visit the buffet at the beginning of the meal to get a salad. Totally impractical to stop it happening and I can't see a problem. What about all the people walking through The Patio who aren't dining there? Do they spoil the ambience too?

Phil

I'm with Phil. The ability to raid the buffet is a big plus for The Patio.

Never been bothered by people walking around. The starter and dessert menus in the Patio are particularly limited so mix and match dining is needed.

So sorry don’t agree with the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry OP, I dine in the Patio many times during a cruise because of their interesting specials. I do not consider it to be a formal restaurant specially because the location is not really that intimate. Although I do not use the buffet restaurant while on the Patio, it does not bother me if others do. By the way, if you wish to have a salad at the Patio, you have to help yourself because it is presented as a buffet.

You do not need reservations- the menu consists of soup and/or salad bar (or starters from the buffet) grilled specialities for mains (special burgers, ribs, small steak, lamb, chicken, fish of the day, a grilled special of the day (eg a grilled seafood medley) and the World Cuisine dish of the day. This dish is the same as is served in the main dining room and aligns to the theme of the buffet in Windows. So Indian night is usually a curry, Spanish a paella etc. Dessert ( not so exciting which is when I certainly head to the buffet) is either a make yourself ice cream swirl top ( I love this but during the day, not at night) or cake/ pie of the day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, I don't share your view. I'll often visit the buffet at the beginning of the meal to get a salad. Totally impractical to stop it happening and I can't see a problem. What about all the people walking through The Patio who aren't dining there? Do they spoil the ambience too?

Phil

Totally agree. I don’t see what the OP is complaining about. I believe this is the first time I’ve heard this complaint.