All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Will be sailing on my first cruise with the Family on 17-Dec. Really excited.

Was looking for information on Excursions.

2 thoughts, being my first cruise should I book through the ship or do it my self. Weighing options between price and safety.

Also any excursion recommendations at the following ports,

- Grand Cayman

- Costa Maya

- Cozumel

Thanks.

Highly recommend chef Emily's cozumel food tour! If we would have docked early enough yesterday, i would have done it again. Alas we didnt dock until 11:00am and they were booked.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what food, if any, is offered at these bars?

Vintages

Bull & Bear Pub

Olive & Twist

We're trying to get ideas for embarkation and sea days without going to WJ.

Embarkation: Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's

Does anyone know what food, if any, is offered at these bars?

Vintages

Bull & Bear Pub

Olive & Twist

We're trying to get ideas for embarkation and sea days without going to WJ.

I understand the trepidation of the WJ on embarkation day, by chance to you board early? I've always felt the WJ on the Freedom class has the best passenger/seat ratio in the fleet. If you get there early, its not too bad. Sorrento's on the promenade shouldn't be to crowded and the pizzas not that old on day 1.

I understand the trepidation of the WJ on embarkation day, by chance to you board early? I've always felt the WJ on the Freedom class has the best passenger/seat ratio in the fleet. If you get there early, its not too bad. Sorrento's on the promenade shouldn't be to crowded and the pizzas not that old on day 1.

We actually enjoyed Sorrentos on our TA cruise last month. A little too much, according to the scale!:eek: Quite a few days on our 14 night crossing we went to Sorrentos or Cafe Promenade for a light lunch rather than opting for anything bigger.

And you are right about the WJ, it as an excellent flow on the Freedom.

Bill, we're in a JS for the first time and some have said we get priority boarding, so I hope to beat the crowd on board, then find somewhere to relax with our carryons and have a few beverages until our stateroom is ready.

This is our first time on a ship this large.

Bill, we're in a JS for the first time and some have said we get priority boarding, so I hope to beat the crowd on board, then find somewhere to relax with our carryons and have a few beverages until our stateroom is ready.

This is our first time on a ship this large.

That was the case when I boarded Freedom but that was from Port Canaveral. I think that is the case at Port Everglades based on my friend that took the 6 day about a week ago, He was in a Junior Suite trying to catch up to us as Diamond. On our last adventure cruise the entire table, except them was Diamond and they got tired of the 6 of us at the table showing up at dinner extra happy. ;)

That was the case when I boarded Freedom but that was from Port Canaveral. I think that is the case at Port Everglades based on my friend that took the 6 day about a week ago, He was in a Junior Suite trying to catch up to us as Diamond. On our last adventure cruise the entire table, except them was Diamond and they got tired of the 6 of us at the table showing up at dinner extra happy. ;)

We're still new enough that we will reach platinum this cruise. I'm trying not to mention the top tier party we won't get an invitation to, with our lowly gold status. DH really enjoyed the one last year.

According to the handout Canadian Disney Mom got at embarkation, these dining venues are open on embarkation day.

Cafe Promenade: 11 AM - 4 PM

Sorrento's Pizza: 11 AM - 3 AM

Chop's Grille: 12 - 2 PM (fee dining)

Windjammer Cafe: 11:30 AM - 3:45 PM

dfd51d35ba9c983815a316f0ebf059de.jpg

I will report back after we sail later in December.

According to the handout Canadian Disney Mom got at embarkation, these dining venues are open on embarkation day.

Cafe Promenade: 11 AM - 4 PM

Sorrento's Pizza: 11 AM - 3 AM

Chop's Grille: 12 - 2 PM (fee dining)

Windjammer Cafe: 11:30 AM - 3:45 PM

dfd51d35ba9c983815a316f0ebf059de.jpg

I will report back after we sail later in December.

Thanks for the info!!! Was this from a Caribbean sailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

April will be our first ever cruise,, What is the Seapass card? and Do you have to leave the ship that early?

TIA

The SeaPass card is the same size as a credit card and is your room key, ID, and charge card for the cruise. You don't have to get off the ship at 6:15am. Disembarkation will take several hours, with the last people usually getting off 9:30am to 10am.

Anyone know if the shows are changing at all soon. Feb 2018 will be my 3rd time on Freedom since 2014. The main shows were the same for the ice show and main musical in 2014 and 2017.

Probably not before dry dock in 2020.

April will be our first ever cruise,, What is the Seapass card? and Do you have to leave the ship that early?

TIA

Our first cruise was Freedom in 2015! Great ship and welcome to cruisers annony..errr... I mean cruise critic. You don't have to be off until 9 or so but....

You should be out of your room by 7/730. By 8am the steward may come a knocking.

The windjammer is only open until about 8/8:30.

Nothing else will be open on disembarkation morning. (Maybe Cafe Promenade... cannot remember)

You can do a last walk around the ship but by 9am they will start herding you off.

Typically there is a waiting area until your luggage number is called.

Most seasoned cruisers try to get off early to avoid the long lines at customs.

-Sean

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I sail this Sunday, and received this email yesterday.

About your upcoming travels

We would like to provide you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing onboard Freedom of the Seas departing on December 17th, 2017.

To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we ask that you arrive at the terminal after 12:30 PM. As stated in your cruise documents, your check-in window is between 12:30 PM and 4:30 PM. Freedom of the Seas will depart at 5:30 PM, and all guests must be checked in and onboard 60 minutes prior to sail time.

If you have not done so already, please complete Online Check-In at www.royalcaribbean.com/onlinecheckin and print your SetSail Pass (72 hours prior to sailing).

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Freedom of the Seas

We're in a JS, and the rep we spoke to when I asked for updated cruise documentation mentioned priority embarkation as well as double cruise points. Can we continue with our planned arrival time of 11 AM?