The recurring tonic question! Anyone on Journey now?

gymfreak

Can I recommend anyone coming to Edinburgh in particular (but anywhere in the UK) they look for Edinburgh Gin. and anyone cruising to Edinburgh who has done everything else Edinburgh could consider a gin tour. It is a gorgeous gin - some of the blended ones are outstanding. I have just enjoyed their Christmas Gin, but my favourite is their rhubarb and ginger liquor gin.

https://www.edinburghgin.com/our-gins

One place you can get a free taste is if you are flying out of Edinburgh and your airline gives you access to the No 1 Lounge they serve it there but you have to ask for it as they will otherwise default to Bombay Sapphire

I love their rhubarb & ginger gin too. In fact Tony Markey mentioned this gin when we were on Quest in November and I suggested he should go to Morrisons in Gibraltar to stock up!

Edited by workingtocruise-59

I love their rhubarb & ginger gin too. In fact Tony Markey mentioned this gin when we were on Quest in November and I suggested he should go to Morrisons in Gibraltar to stock up!

Thanks Ann and workingtocruise. This is a new gin for me and I like the idea of it topped up with Prosecco. Just ordered some online. 😄

• 1 month later...

British Airways are serving Fever Tree as standard now.

It just defies logic how Azamara can get their supply chain so wrong.

If I drank vodka and cola, Azamara would serve me Coca-Cola, the premium brand in the market.

Why Azamara can't serve a brand leading tonic is just baffling?

We are departing on a two week cruise from Sydney tomorrow and I have scoured the area of Sydney in which we are staying in search of Fever Tree tonic water, to no avail, so had to content myself with Schweppes, which I find quite acceptable. Why Azamara persists in providing sub-standard tonic water in the face of many complaints is beyond me, unless they have entered into a long-term unbreakable contract with the current supplier.

I believe it is in part down to where they load their supplies, hence when they re-provision in Singapore shhhh was onboard.

Every survey I mention it and I know the officers onboard recognise also the limitations of the product being offered, however their hands are tied in this as they are in so many things.

We are departing on a two week cruise from Sydney tomorrow and I have scoured the area of Sydney in which we are staying in search of Fever Tree tonic water, to no avail, so had to content myself with Schweppes, which I find quite acceptable. Why Azamara persists in providing sub-standard tonic water in the face of many complaints is beyond me, unless they have entered into a long-term unbreakable contract with the current supplier.

Probably for the same reason that they only offer one cheap Scotch in the included drinks.

This has been mentioned many times but nothing changes.

Edited by Bloodaxe

I believe it is in part down to where they load their supplies, hence when they re-provision in Singapore shhhh was onboard.

Every survey I mention it and I know the officers onboard recognise also the limitations of the product being offered, however their hands are tied in this as they are in so many things.

Ann, we get off in Singapore when you board at the end of March.

It now looks as though we will have to bring our own tonic water on board in Sydney.

If we have any left (highly unlikely) I could leave them with Heike for you to collect. It would be a subtle hint.

You are too kind but look after yourselves first and foremost

I was planning a bit of liberation from the BA lounge they are a very handy size. Enjoy your cruise it’s a lovely itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Woolworths in Cape Town also stocked Fever Tree, it appears to have become a recognised international brand now.

It’s about time that the international rise of premium Gins was recognised by the cruise industry beverage buyers and that will require a range premium tonic to accompany them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Woolworths in Cape Town also stocked Fever Tree, it appears to have become a recognised international brand now.

It’s about time that the international rise of premium Gins was recognised by the cruise industry beverage buyers and that will require a range premium tonic to accompany them.

I have had it onboard but they often run out mid cruise. I can’t remember the brand sorry, it wasn’t great so I’m thinking probably Royal Club.

I did read a great deal of the threads and I was curious if they stock DIET tonic. The brand doesn't matter.

Often but not always, and sometimes it varies bar to bar usually the brand is Canada Dry and is almost as bad as Royal Club. Quest in September had a small amount of Britvic which was an improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

On my recent Journey voyage from Sydney, there was Schweppes in the bar fridge on the first night, but from then on it was Royal Club. Just as well that I brought my own supply off Schweppes on board. I would have preferred Fever Tree, but was unable to get it in the short time frame that we had.

Is it really so difficult to get Feaver tree on Az? RT from the Uk said it was too expensive. Really? A major uk airline serves this for FREE in their economy cabin. Come on Azamara. Are you Premium or not. I am fed up of this penny pinching. You are charging premium prices, give us a premium tonic.

Is it really so difficult to get Feaver tree on Az? RT from the Uk said it was too expensive. Really? A major uk airline serves this for FREE in their economy cabin. Come on Azamara. Are you Premium or not. I am fed up of this penny pinching. You are charging premium prices, give us a premium tonic.

Agree- one of the reasons we’ve booked Cunard next.

• 2 weeks later...

The current situation on Journey is both Schweppes and Canada Dry are being stocked.

Canada Dry is the predominant brand around the bar counters, so you actually have to ask for a Gordons (in preference to Beefeater) and "Schweppes" as against G&T.

So so good, the bar staff will make an effort, either going to their store or in a couple of cases dashing off to another bar to restock the Schweppes.

We have our own supplies just in case they run out of Schweppes

The current situation on Journey is both Schweppes and Canada Dry are being stocked.

Canada Dry is the predominant brand around the bar counters, so you actually have to ask for a Gordons (in preference to Beefeater) and "Schweppes" as against G&T.

So so good, the bar staff will make an effort, either going to their store or in a couple of cases dashing off to another bar to restock the Schweppes.

We have our own supplies just in case they run out of Schweppes

Fantastic news! I do remember raiding a supermarket in Darwin in 2015, hopefully you will be able to avoid that need. I always ask for a Gordons - learned that trick and they get used to us anyway and just bring the needed after a while

Thanks for updating and keep having a wonderful time, the sail out looked fantastic