Freedom out of SJU 2020

cw2go

Hello, I'm looking at sailings out of San Juan for Jan/Feb 2020 the available staterooms are very limited. No Promenade rooms and very few balconies. Any speculation why? I called hoping they would have a reason for this sailing being heavily booked so far in advance or that there would be better room availability but that was a failed attempt, the rep only said this is a popular sailing. :confused:

Is it possible it's a partial charter?

Thanks for any help,

Patty

We have a B2B booked Jan/Feb 2020 on Freedom. Didn't seem to be any shortage of rooms when we reserved a few weeks ago. Seems pretty early for things to book up that much.

Edit - just checked and it seems you're right, not many balconies. I did notice the prices are already up from when we booked recently......

Edited by bouhunter

We have a B2B booked Jan/Feb 2020 on Freedom. Didn't seem to be any shortage of rooms when we reserved a few weeks ago. Seems pretty early for things to book up that much.

Edit - just checked and it seems you're right, not many balconies. I did notice the prices are already up from when we booked recently......

I pulled the trigger and booked for Jan 19th 2020

I have a ton of time to watch for a better room, once available I'll grab it or deal with what I have either way I'll be sailing the southern Caribbean :D

Patty

I would be a little leery that maybe there is a charter.

I ran into a different odd situation booking for 2020. I was looking at the 2/16/2020 sailing of Liberty of the Seas from Galveston. The website says there are no rooms available for more than two people. If I try to book three or four people it says "Sorry there are no staterooms available for 3 guests" (same for 4 guests). This happens as soon as a change the selector to three guests and click "Continue".

How can it be that every room on the ship is limited to 2 people per room, over 2 years before the ship sails?

I pulled the trigger and booked for Jan 19th 2020

I have a ton of time to watch for a better room, once available I'll grab it or deal with what I have either way I'll be sailing the southern Caribbean :D

Patty

I created a roll call for this cruise and also for Jan 12th, 2020. You can find it on the Freedom of the Seas Roll Call board. It's not searchable yet through the Roll Call Tool. Come on over and join us! :)