Aruba Trike Excursion

misha1

Just wanted to pass on my thoughts regarding our Sunset Trike Excursion. When we signed up for this sightseeing trip, I was aware that some of it would be in the dark. What I was not aware of is the level of difficulty in staying together as a group due to the traffic pulling in between the trikes. At least half of our tour was spent in uninteresting neighborhoods and traffic jams. We were taken up to a lighthouse and chapel but it was so dark by this time, there was nothing to see. One of the riders commented...I wonder if they brought us here to dump the bodies. Frequently we lost the group due to the traffic...the lead trike would pull thru an intersection and leave the rest of us there...bugs, dust, significant bumps, and the darkness of night...I was so happy when it ended. I truly feared for my life.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry your tour didn't go well. We did the Trikes 2:00 tour and had a good time. Of course, we were back at the ship before dark. We never felt unsafe and saw some gorgeous views from the various locations. Our guide told us interesting tidbits about Aruba and was willing to answer all our questions.

• 1 month later...

We are just back from the celebrity eclipse 14 day carribean cruise. We did the trikes on Aruba at 2pm for about 3 hours, I have no motorcycle experience and requested an automatic. There were 6 stops at the church, lighthouse, beach the cantina and 2 others I can't remember. Plenty of time for pictures and only 2 to 3 hours so you have the other half of the day to do what you want. I would definatly NOT DO this tour at night/sunset.

You're spending about 2/3 of your time driving - along the beach, in the hills, through downtown and on highway. At each stop the guide explained the history.

I found them easy to drive, easy to handle and glad my wife took pictures. I attached my go pro to the front.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
We are just back from the celebrity eclipse 14 day carribean cruise. We did the trikes on Aruba at 2pm for about 3 hours, I have no motorcycle experience and requested an automatic. There were 6 stops at the church, lighthouse, beach the cantina and 2 others I can't remember. Plenty of time for pictures and only 2 to 3 hours so you have the other half of the day to do what you want. I would definatly NOT DO this tour at night/sunset.

You're spending about 2/3 of your time driving - along the beach, in the hills, through downtown and on highway. At each stop the guide explained the history.

I found them easy to drive, easy to handle and glad my wife took pictures. I attached my go pro to the front.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

What time did your ship sail? They want to bump us to the afternoon group and our ship is supposed to sail at 6 PM. They said they would get us back at 5:15. How much time will we need from the drop off point to walk to the ship?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What time did your ship sail? They want to bump us to the afternoon group and our ship is supposed to sail at 6 PM. They said they would get us back at 5:15. How much time will we need from the drop off point to walk to the ship?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

With Carnival all aboard would be 5:30pm. To me, this is cutting it to close. What if you end up in traffic? I did the trikes a few years ago and its a nice tour but we also kept losing our last trike (he kept stalling) and it ended up running longer then we were told.

I would stick with the morning.

• 1 month later...

I have to agree with @girlscruise2011 we did the Trikes tour last fall and the last Trike kept falling behind so we were a good 45-60 minutes late getting back.

I would stick to the morning timeslot as you won’t be out in the afternoon sun as much.

The Trike tour itself was a great trip and we highly recommend it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Took the trikes tour last week. Attached my GoPro to the handlebars and shot some great video. Most trikes were automatic. Cruising around the island was great fun! Definitely recommend.

Took the trikes tour last week. Attached my GoPro to the handlebars and shot some great video. Most trikes were automatic. Cruising around the island was great fun! Definitely recommend.

Was there a windshield in the way? Or did you face the GoPro backwards to film yourselves?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums