MSC Magnifica or Preziosa?

Luvsparties

We are currently booked on a 9 night Med cruise on the Preziosa in October but are considering changing to a 14 night northern Europe cruise on the Magnifica in April because we don't want to wait that long!.

We have never cruised MSC before, but from looking at the specs/reviews I'm wondering if I will be disappointed in the Magnifica? Has anyone been on both? TIA

We are currently booked on a 9 night Med cruise on the Preziosa in October but are considering changing to a 14 night northern Europe cruise on the Magnifica in April because we don't want to wait that long!.

We have never cruised MSC before, but from looking at the specs/reviews I'm wondering if I will be disappointed in the Magnifica? Has anyone been on both? TIA

It depends on what Experience you want

If you want to go for the Yacht Club then Magnifica doesn't have one,

My favourite class of MSC ship is the Magnifica Class which includes Orchestra, Musica and Poesia

and found that I liked the size of the ship at 92,000GWT was about right.

in my sailings on MSC I have sailed on Orchestra, Musica (Magnifica Class) and Divina and Splendida (Fantasia Class as is preziosa) as well as ships in the other classes

I particularly liked the Aurea suites on the deck 13 and 15 forward.

the balconies on the stern on decks 8, 9 and 10 are bigger than average

It can be cool in the Med in October ( I've done 10 Med cruises in October) but also I would expect it to be cool in the Baltic in April. I've only done the north sea and Baltic in july and august and it wasn't overly hot then.

The 14 day in the North sea area I would expect to have a more interesting itinerary.

so that would be my choice and I'd just be patient.

It would be nice to see the itineraries and then people could make a more informed response.

pete

Thanks for the input! Here's the itineraries:

The 14-night on Magnifica (embark Southhampton on 04/30):

U75J.jpg

The 9-night on Preziosa (embark Barcelona) on 10/15:

U7MY.jpg

I'm just torn...If we do decide to go in the spring we are pretty much stuck with that date as I'm sandwiching it between my son's college swim meets, banquet and his graduation. I think I'm overthinking it and should just stay off the internet and go with what I originally had planned...

Thanks for the input! Here's the itineraries:

The 14-night on Magnifica (embark Southhampton on 04/30):

U75J.jpg

The 9-night on Preziosa (embark Barcelona) on 10/15:

U7MY.jpg

I'm just torn...If we do decide to go in the spring we are pretty much stuck with that date as I'm sandwiching it between my son's college swim meets, banquet and his graduation. I think I'm overthinking it and should just stay off the internet and go with what I originally had planned...

It may be matter of flights USA to UK, you will land at Heathrow or Gatwick and have to travel to Southampton and probably overnight there before embarking and on return you'd have to get a late flight from London or stay overnight.

Barcelona is probably easier, especially on return, from the US

for embarkation you could get in day earlier or do an over night flight. i'd opt to get in a day early as you don't know if you'll get a delay and risk missing the ship.

the weather in October will not be a problem, because you are very south most of the cruise. So stay on that cruise, and still look for another one in spring. why not take a cruise in the eastern Mediteranien from Venice in stead of the cruise from Southampton. Take some days before sailing in Venice.

I have sailed the Preziosa and Magnifica and they are both lovely ships. The Preziosa is larger and have more amenities and offers onboard like speciality restaurants, larger atrium and in general a more wow factor. She is a megaship while the Magnifica is a smaller modified Musica Class ship with a wonderful atmosphere onboard, beautiful decor and lovely crew. Magnifica is not a small ship though. She is well suited for cruising in colder climates with her indoor pool with magodrome. The Spa is awesome. We had one of our best cruises on the Magnifica last October from Venice. General layout are the same on both ships with most venues placed on deck 5, 6 and 7. Buffet is placed aft, on deck 13 on the Magnifica and deck 14 on the Preziosa.

With this interesting itinerary, go for the Magnifica. Here is a video from my cruise on here last year:

oP6CGhlJMvU

Good luck with your choice :)