Help good hotel in Singapore

Food galore

Does anyone know of a good hotel in Singapore near River. Not a shopper

Food galore, we are on the same AZ roll call, ending in Singapore next year.

There are two Swiss hotels in Singapore, one is Swissotel The Stamford (we have this booked) and Swissotel Merchant Court. They are both excellent. Merchant Court is right beside the river

Got to agree, book the Conrad on the Executive level and have Roger look after you. Great value for money (buy a few drinks in Singapore and see the cost), lovely staff and nice bedrooms. Our choice always.

Thanks for the recommendation alfredo1.

Is this the same as the Conrad Centennial Singapore?

Which hotel has the 'boat' on the roof? I recall seeing that from afar two years ago.

Edited by BBMacLaird
To ask about the 'boat'

We've stayed twice at the Regent Hotel. Very nice 5* hotel at a reasonable price. Located near one end of famous Orchard Rd.

The "boat on the top" is the Marina Bay Sands hotel (to me, it looks more like a surfboard on top). We tried to stay there last time, but it was fully booked many months out! And pricey - but for a splurge....

Thanks for the recommendation alfredo1.

Is this the same as the Conrad Centennial Singapore?

Which hotel has the 'boat' on the roof? I recall seeing that from afar two years ago.

Bonnie, are you still on our Dec.9 Journey cruise out of Singapore? I was hoping you might know (or be able to find out) when the White Night will be.

Got to agree, book the Conrad on the Executive level and have Roger look after you. Great value for money (buy a few drinks in Singapore and see the cost), lovely staff and nice bedrooms. Our choice always.

Yes you literally don't have to leave the executive lounge to eat elsewhere if you don't want. Breakfast, afternoon tea, very substantial appetizers in the evening and food in between as well. No shortage of excellent alcoholic beverages either.

Service at the hotel is amazing as well.

Here is another vote for the Conrad, we will be staying there for the third time in January, this time at the start instead of the end of a cruise. We tried the executive room last time and it was perfect, though we did go downstairs for breakfast. They have a fantastic size pool and it is within walking distance from a lot of sites.

Last time we visited the Marina Bay Sands and paid to go up to the fantastic pool and look around up top. (Pool is of course only for guests)It is not for anyone afraid of heights and even though I loved the look of the pool and had been tempted to book a room there was glad to retuen to the peace and quiet of the Conrad. It was really a madhouse in the hall but might be different if you actually stay there.

If/when you visit the MSB don’t forget to go to the gardens next door they are amazing.

Rosalyn

Thank you all for your replies I like the reviews on the Conrad We have a few months to decide so will keep researching. Definitely would like a hotel near the quays. We went to look at the Marina Sands and went up in the lift to see the pool last time we were in Singapore. We had a drink there and decided we didn't like it.

• 1 month later...
Thank you all for your replies I like the reviews on the Conrad We have a few months to decide so will keep researching. Definitely would like a hotel near the quays. We went to look at the Marina Sands and went up in the lift to see the pool last time we were in Singapore. We had a drink there and decided we didn't like it.

We are also on your cruise. We are staying at the Marina Mandarin. Have never been there before, but it was recommended.

We are also on your cruise. We are staying at the Marina Mandarin. Have never been there before, but it was recommended.

I really like it there. I recommended some friends stay there before getting on the current Journey cruise and had a message back to say they loved it. Very comfortable room and extremely friendly staff.

Phil

I have stayed in Raffles, The Conrad, Marina Mandarin, and The Marina Sands. They are all lovely hotels and you won't go wrong with any of them but....in my opinion, the Valley Wing Suites at The Shangri La Hotel are the best in Singapore. Simply out of this world. 😄

And I can add into the mix the Ritz Carlton, The Fullerton and The Intercontinental. All are great hotels, there are no bad hotels in Singapore in the 4 star bracket

I've stayed at the Ritz Carlton which is a lovely hotel with a great view from the bath tub (!), but I actually prefer the Marina Mandarin. I just felt more at home there somehow.

Phil

I have stayed in Raffles, The Conrad, Marina Mandarin, and The Marina Sands. They are all lovely hotels and you won't go wrong with any of them but....in my opinion, the Valley Wing Suites at The Shangri La Hotel are the best in Singapore. Simply out of this world.

Another vote for the Valley Wing at the Shangri La, superb. Also like the Mandarin Oriental and Ritz Carlton at Marina Bay - not quite in the same Class as the Valley Wing at Shangri La but very good nevertheless. Mandarin Oriental is where we first stopped in Singapore in the early 90s so special memories - very distinctive architecture (John Portman) perhaps dated now - I think the Marina Mandarin has the same architect.

In Jan 2008 we stayed at the 3* Miramar as part of a Singapore airlines package, which included transfers to and from the airport and a couple of tour vouchers. One was for a river tour which started at a Quay across the road from the hotel. It was a short walk from the ‘civic centre’ buildings.

We stayed in the Valley Wing in Shangri-La lest year, before Quest's 1st cruise post dry dock. The tranquility and excellent service was absolutely brilliant, and was a great way to de-stress before we sailed. Gets our vote as best place to stay in Singapore !

We stayed in the Valley Wing in Shangri-La lest year, before Quest's 1st cruise post dry dock. The tranquility and excellent service was absolutely brilliant, and was a great way to de-stress before we sailed. Gets our vote as best place to stay in Singapore !

If budget doesn't stretch to the Valley Wing - the other wings at the Shangri La are also very nice. The Garden wing with its tropical balconys overlooking the pool are very nice.