Deal alert - Adventure Feb12 - 5 day Reposition

Note - I believe this is the 1st cruise after a rescheduled refurb. I read that this cruise was originally listed as a 7 day, but was cut short to allow for more extensive updates. The previous refurb being rescheduled - because of storms.

Hello - Another deal alert from Racer. We booked at $404 pp for "E" balcony rooms. Plus $50 OBC.

Insides from $259pp with $25 OBC.

Should be a nice trip down to San Juan!

I just checked and it shows a 7 day starting Feb 10th.......?

You might be looking at some old itinerary before the dry dock.

?? I just went to the RCCL website on my tablet and that is what it shows. Why would it not show the new itinerary?? OK I went to my PC and the same 7 day info comes up........If I go to Travelocity it shows the 5 day itinerary.

Note - I believe this is the 1st cruise after a rescheduled refurb. I read that this cruise was originally listed as a 7 day, but was cut short to allow for more extensive updates. The previous refurb being rescheduled - because of storms.
I'm not sure if I would interpret the loss of two days to allow for more extensive updates- the whole update plan is almost a month, and it was in place when all of us affected by the change were notified.So...As for this cruise- we were actually scheduled on the original Feb 10 sailing, and for some reason, when we got the options to re-book, this one didn't come for a few days. Since we didn't have a flight, yet, we decided to do something interesting and the repositioning. FWIW- the original cruise was a normal, high cost, Valentines cruise, and it seems as if every category NOW is cheaper than the original category below it- so we got a GS for less than the JS. And by that, I mean cost per day- not trying to really compare a 5 to a 7 night cruise.Should be fun.

Cruise Critic posted the following regarding the refurb - FWIW:

-- Royal Caribbean has scheduled a second dry dock for Adventure of the Seas, just a little over a year after it was last under the knife.

In October 2016, Hurricane Matthew caused extensive damage at the Freeport shipyard at which Adventure had its original dry dock, forcing Royal Caribbean to scale back the planned refurbishments. Though the line was able to add several more of the planned improvements in the months after the dry dock, the line determined a second refurbishment was needed to tackle improvements such as the addition of Izumi Japanese Cuisine, new staterooms (consisting of inside and oceanview cabins) and a dedicated Suite Lounge.

The second refurbishment for Adventure of the Seas, a 30-day dry dock, will begin January 13, 2018. In order to accommodate the month-long renovation, Royal Caribbean is canceling four previously scheduled cruises (Jan. 13, Jan. 20, Jan. 27 and Feb. 3) and modifying the February 10, 2018 cruise on Adventure. The seven-night sailing has been shortened to a five-night cruise.

Royal Caribbean is contacting affected cruisers who are being given price protection (limited to the cruise fare), as well as $200 in onboard credit ($400 for suite passengers) when rebooking another cruise.

Cruise Critic posted the following regarding the refurb - FWIW:

-- Royal Caribbean has scheduled a second dry dock for Adventure of the Seas, just a little over a year after it was last under the knife.

In October 2016, Hurricane Matthew caused extensive damage at the Freeport shipyard at which Adventure had its original dry dock, forcing Royal Caribbean to scale back the planned refurbishments. Though the line was able to add several more of the planned improvements in the months after the dry dock, the line determined a second refurbishment was needed to tackle improvements such as the addition of Izumi Japanese Cuisine, new staterooms (consisting of inside and oceanview cabins) and a dedicated Suite Lounge.

The second refurbishment for Adventure of the Seas, a 30-day dry dock, will begin January 13, 2018. In order to accommodate the month-long renovation, Royal Caribbean is canceling four previously scheduled cruises (Jan. 13, Jan. 20, Jan. 27 and Feb. 3) and modifying the February 10, 2018 cruise on Adventure. The seven-night sailing has been shortened to a five-night cruise.

Royal Caribbean is contacting affected cruisers who are being given price protection (limited to the cruise fare), as well as $200 in onboard credit ($400 for suite passengers) when rebooking another cruise.

Right- but that's the entire 30 day wet dock. So the loss of two days of the original cruise is just baked into the whole 30 days- not that we lost two days of the cruise for even more work.

That's more my point.

• 3 months later...

Now that final payment dat has passed I have been watching the prices drop to new altime lows:

Insides to $198pp with $50 OBC Insides have been up and down this weekend

Outside $318 with $50 OBC

Balcony dropped to $398 with $75 OBC

JC dropped to $650pp with $75 OBC

I hope we get lucky and RC offers upgrade deals.

Exciting deal, but still worried about the 30 day drydock continuing into our trip. Thats a long drydock for adding rooms and restaurants. There must be some major rebuilds as well.