LCV event in London - Dec 11 2017

BBMacLaird

That is a shame that Nicole could not come. My friends in Fl said they had great weather the last few days. I though BA flew from Mia non stop. I am surprised rhe snow storm got in the way out of Mia.

It wasn’t the getting out, it was the getting into Heathrow which was the problem. Hundreds of flights cancelled Sunday and yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would also like to add my thanks to Richard Twynam and the U.K. Team for a very enjoyable and well organised LCV event. It was a shame that Nicole could not make it due to the inclement weather this end.

The afternoon tea and champagne tasting were fabulous and it was so nice to see old and new friends there. Sadly, some very familiar faces were absent but hopefully they will be at the next big Azamara event! 😄

There was no opportunity given to ask any questions about the proposed changes in LCV loyalty benefits or the new entertainment plans. The event mainly focused on Pursuit voyages and the "new deal" of the second passenger pays 50% with free WiFi. I am not at all sure that this is a good deal at all, but it will bear further investigation.

We were really looking forward to this event, but were mortified to have to spend the afternoon trapped on a train outside Waterloo station following a trackside fire. What should have been a one hour journey took nearly four hours and didn’t even get us to Waterloo.

To add insult to injury, when trying to complete the journey by bus from Clapham Junction, the bus terminated early at Vauxhall. By then it was far too late and we gave up only to face a nightmare trying to get a train back.

Apologies to the organisers for our non attendance.

It wasn’t the getting out, it was the getting into Heathrow which was the problem. Hundreds of flights cancelled Sunday and yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Ann

Did not realize London was a winter mess also.

As a side note Ed Waters posted pictures from his home yesterday. In the comment section he wrote he was getting back on 'the ship" mid Feb,he did not name a ship. One can hope it is the Quest.

I would also like to add my thanks to Richard Twynam and the U.K. Team for a very enjoyable and well organised LCV event. It was a shame that Nicole could not make it due to the inclement weather this end.

The afternoon tea and champagne tasting were fabulous and it was so nice to see old and new friends there. Sadly, some very familiar faces were absent but hopefully they will be at the next big Azamara event! 😄

There was no opportunity given to ask any questions about the proposed changes in LCV loyalty benefits or the new entertainment plans. The event mainly focused on Pursuit voyages and the "new deal" of the second passenger pays 50% with free WiFi. I am not at all sure that this is a good deal at all, but it will bear further investigation.

Do you know what the next big Azamara event will be.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

Many thanks to Richard Twynam and the UK team for organising this event.

The champagne tasting (lead by Joe Wadsack) was a real treat.

It was a most enjoyable afternoon and a pleasure to meet "old friends" again.

Hopefully, by next year, all will be sorted out and those who should receive invitations will be invited.

LuAnn, I remember a couple of my friends from the West Coast went to an event earlier this year I think. They were from SD.

Phil

Gee...I guess being Discover Plus doesn't rank me high enough on the totem pole!!!???:confused: LuAnn