Jules Verne - Eiffel Tower

cruisinrg

Been there, done that (years ago). Its certainly a world-class restaurant in an amazing setting. If you are content to spend 20€ for water, and another 300-400€ for dinner....then go for it! Oh and that price would only get you a mediocre wine. Th€eir wine list is up to the quality of the food...and with prices to match. A 500€ bottle of wine would not even raise an eyebrow in this place.

Han€

• 1 month later...

We did go there once. It was a nice experience.

We returned to Paris a few months ago and I looked at their web site and saw that the menu had very little flexibility and thought it was too expensive.

Instead we found other places that were more moderately priced and provided a terrific meal.

Keith

Have you considered Ciel de Paris, the restaurant at the top of the Tour Montparnasse? Equally spectacular views of Paris, and you can SEE the Tour Eiffel! As well as their à la carte menu, they have a set 3 course lunch including coffee ( but not wine) for €39

• 3 weeks later...

Been there for lunch. It was spectacular. Definitely something to put on your list. It can be pricey, though. However, you CAN buy wine by the glass, even though that’s not mentioned on the menu. Another plus is that you have access to a separate elevator to the second level of the tower. So you basically get your ticket to the tower elevator for free, and no waiting in line. Just show up at your reservation time. Now the hint: get an 11:00 AM lunch reservation to ensure a table by the window.

• 1 month later...

Booked and dined there The most astounding time is right at sunset when you can watch the city fade and the lights come on... As far as price 350-400E is reasonable for a top class place Many Michelin *** have prefix menus for 239E to 370E without wine. service and tax included expect wine to run 12-18E a glas and Cham to be 25-28E a glass

Lyon, Roanne, Valance and Vienine you can get to the capital of french gastronomy and cheaper and less than Paris where it is not hard to drop 800E for dinner

Beauty in in the eye of the beholder, if you eating at a top place to impress others dont do it. If ,however, your doing it out of passion and appreciation for you then go for it. You get what you pay for....Top dining and service cost 30 years ago it cost 500USD for 2 for a Michline ***. In March I paid $487 pp for a 8 course at PIC.with pared wine Flew there from the US for that dinner and back in 3 days..... it was worth it...to me.....would it be for you?

Hawaiidan, thanks for your thoughts and I agree that it really is in the eyes of the beholder for this restaurant and just about anything.

I am reminded that we dined there in the summer of 2003 which was one hot summer when the Air Conditioners in many places couldn't keep up with the head. I took our family there and the men were in Suits and Ties and at one point I had to take my jacket off as it was so hot.

Amazing views and we saw the sunset as well and enjoyed the food.

Keith

We've gone for lunch and for dinner. We prefer the day-light view because it is easier to pick out various neighborhoods and buildings. Their web site states " We are sorry to inform you that we cannot guarantee a table by the window. - However, we do our best to accommodate this kind of request on a 'first booked, first served basis'." A couple of times we made our reservations online the first day they became available-- I believe that's 13 weeks ahead--and we requested a table by the windows. Both times we were seated at the same(!) table with an amazing view.

They do have a limited prix-fixe menu and no à la carte, but with advance notice, they will accommodate dietary restrictions.

Yes it's pricey, but the food and wine are good, the service is lovely and the whole experience is "magnifique"!