No Medallion for the Caribbean Princess June 2018

myfuzzy

I just got the email telling us that the Caribbean Princess will not be ready with the medallion technology for our cruise June 2, 2018.

It seems that they had quite an aggressive schedule to have these ships up and running with the new technology so quickly, then running into problems.

I know that they offered current and near future passengers OBC for the inconvenience and misrepresentation that it would be ready at this time, but I can't see how they can afford to give everyone going forward anything.

So much for new technology....going forward..status quo

From the Email:

The creation of Ocean Medallion Vacations is an all-encompassing project that is currently being activated onboard another Princess ship. We had hoped to have it launched in time for your cruise aboard Caribbean Princess. However, we have identified refinements and enhancements that require more time for us to fully realize our aspirations to elevate the guest experience by way of this new technology. We hope you’ll experience Ocean Medallion on a future cruise with Princess. We apologize for any disappointment this news may cause for you.

Edited by myfuzzy

I received the same email today for our June Caribbean Princess sailing.

The web site still shows it as being in place for our sailing

I called Princess and talked to a rep about this. She told me that ***** will be in place but only a small percentage of passengers will be part of the "test run". She told me I could watch others and see how nice this feature was. I told her this was worse than it not being available shipwide.... I'm supposed to look over somebody's shoulder and oooh and ahhh over this new feature that is unavailable to me. clear.png?emoji-mad-1709clear.png?emoji-thumbsdown-933 She told me that we would be able to purchase additional Internet minutes at a bit of a discount for the "inconvenience"

The thing that upsets me most here is the crappy way Princess is handling this whole snafu.

~Brian

Well should I decide to book a summer cruise on the CB it will be if and only if Princess can promise I will not be selected for the "test run" and be subject to the continuing FUBAR-ity of the endlessly changing rollout schedule.

While a slow limited debut may be the best solution for the IT wonks, no question it is a customer service nightmare. If a firm rollout plan cannot be developed and adhered to, as has been said on the other threads Mr. Arnold Donald needs to start updating his resume pronto.

We just received it for our Mar 18 cruise.

Just received my email regarding the March 18 Caribbean Princess cruise. So nice of them to wait until final payment is due. Terrible PR. Considering many paid extra to be on the ***** cruise...notification could have been made earlier. Still listed as a ***** cruise on the website.

Interesting. We have NOT received any such notice for our March 2018 sailing on the Caribbean. One would think that if it is not to be ready in June, it would certainly not be ready in March!!

You may be among the "selected few" who will actually get the *****. Like I posted earlier, some will receive it and others won't.

~Brian

Wow, all the way into September 2018. I see the Golden was scheduled for October 2018, I wonder if that one gets pushed back too. Now it looks like 2019 or beyond for any full roll out of the *****.

I wonder how many people actually booked because of the ***** technology, and now I wonder how many cancellations they will get because of the delays.

It seems like they put the cart before the horse by advertising and promising this technology before it was actually perfected. All the monies put into the PE cruise terminal, for a "few" to take advantage of.

I too, can open my own door, order my drinks and schedule my own activities......maybe someday....Hmm, maybe they should call Disney.

My friends we are traveling with in an aft oceanview on CB for a b2b in mid August received the email for one of the sailings that it would not be on there. We are in a midaft interior and have received no notice yet....bummed we couldn't try it but I would wish/hope for no one to have it as I don't want to deal with a half roll out and have staffed stressed over trying to fix and or work with a system not working. But her email stated nothing about it being only part of the ship available...I am hoping all or none please!

I'm also on the 3/18/18 sailing and received the email notification last night. I called Princess immediately, and they were happy to provide me with additional OBC as a gesture of goodwill due to the inconvenience; it's already reflected on my folio. Technology is lost on me so I'm happy with the extra $$$.

Steel Magnolia I think princess is being hit or miss. I am on the same b2b sailings as my friend and alphabetically my name is first and we both use the same TA yet she got the email and I didn't. Princess is not handling this well. I have my TA looking into it.

Thank you for that information. Good to know.

[quote name=myfuzzy;54749352....

It seems like they put the cart before the horse by advertising and promising this technology before it was actually perfected. All the monies put into the PE cruise terminal' date=' for a "few" to take advantage of.....Hmm, maybe they should call Disney.[/quote]

Princess definitely grossly underestimated how long it will take to implement this new technology. So now after hyping this to the max they are sitting there with egg all over their face.

Princess hired a Disney manager to implement *****. Unfortunately they forgot to hire the workers who actually made it work on Disney.

Just heard back from my TA...yup ***** not on CB for August not even a partial like on Regal. ***** banner is now off the sailing online as well. He asked about the obc that others got and princess said due to them making the change early before penalties for canceling we could cancel free and clear so they would not offer any obc...not true if you already booked a hotel room and possibly flights which we have.......but hey it was worth a shot. We didn't book the cruise solely for the ***** as very little would benefit us...would have been neat to try it but we are all good.

Princess definitely grossly underestimated how long it will take to implement this new technology. So now after hyping this to the max they are sitting there with egg all over their face.

Princess hired a Disney manager to implement *****. Unfortunately they forgot to hire the workers who actually made it work on Disney.

;p Good one....its always the "little" guys that make things work!

Oh, but its the Upper Gamucks that take all the credit

From what I have read, there are a lot of things planned at Disney, but not yet implemented.

Unlike princess, they didn't pre-announce the things to all their customers.