14 days until 14 days in the Caribbean

marti2282

Leaving in two weeks!

Seemed like the waiting would never be over, and THE day would NEVER come. But, holy cow, it’s almost here, and I’m not ready!

Would like to loose another few pounds. Would like to find the perfect pair of dressy navy flats. Would like to know a little more Spanish. Would love to be 3” taller.

None of those things are going to happen.

So tomorrow I’ll make the appointment for mani-pedi. Hair already scheduled. Drugstore trip to pick up travel sized shampoo etc. Then all that’s left is the dreaded pulling-everything-out-of-the-closet and trying-it-on ritual.

I know I’m on vacation. Know that no one cares what I wear/how I look. Why is it so important to me?

Any others who share my affliction? And is there a cure?

We leave in 30 days. I pull what I plan on out tomorrow to make sure everything fits & is ready to go

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad I’m not alone.

I’ve read so many articles and Pinterest posts about capsule wardrobes, and while I love the concept, just can’t make it work for me.

I do find that I wear the same things over and over and neglect probably half of what’s in my closet.

Always worry then realize my choices have been perfectly fine.

I pack neutral bottoms (navy, black, brown) and a neutral cardigan. All the tops go with those. Though sometimes I’ve arranged my tops around the cardigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

...you know the worst part is the 14 days leading up to it are going to be WAY longer than the 14 days one the cruise. So sad!

I end up putting outfits together about 2 weeks before, and then everything sits either hanging on doors or folded on top of my dresser, until I'm ready to pack. At which point I realize I have way more than is going to fit in my luggage, so then I have to try everything on again and decide what I really want lol

...you know the worst part is the 14 days leading up to it are going to be WAY longer than the 14 days one the cruise. So sad!

I end up putting outfits together about 2 weeks before, and then everything sits either hanging on doors or folded on top of my dresser, until I'm ready to pack. At which point I realize I have way more than is going to fit in my luggage, so then I have to try everything on again and decide what I really want lol

:D Yes!

Our guest room looks a hurricane blew through!