Adventure - on board child care

DeeDee316

Hi CC! Recently booked a 7 night on the Adventure next summer. Will be my 2nd cruise (first was 4 years ago prior to starting a family). Hubs and I are bringing our 2 peanuts with us this time. Will be 4.5 and 2.5. Any tips or recommendations? I've seen some things mentioned about child care on board. Not sure if I feel comfortable with that. Anyone who has used it.. what can you tell me about it? We are trying to get the grandparents to come with us, but in the event it doesn' work out, I was curious. I'm not leaving the ship without my babies.. it would more be to maybe catch a show or event one night. Thoughts? Will the kids be in the same room? Is it by age? I know nothing, so any info would be appreciated. I'm really nervous about even the thought of leaving my babies... just weighing options. Thank you!!

It has been a while (years) since I have cursed with my kids but my DS was 2.5 for his first cruise. I too was nervous about the kids club but he loved it! They gave me a phone for communication (don’t know if they still do that or not), I would periodically peek in to check on him and he was always happy playing. I never got off the ship without though; we explored the islands, he explored. He would cry when we would come to pick him up; he didn’t want to leave. I hope this helps a bit

I have not personally cruised on this ship, We are going for the first time in January, but have been on a few others. Childcare is free over the age of 3. Under 3 there is a fee. There is also a fee for after 10 at night. Make sure to use it. This is one of our boys favorite parts of cruising. They only use it while we are on board and they beg to go. We have never used the under 3 part but will on our next sailing with our 2 year old. All childcare staff members have early childhood degrees. They do split up based on age so with your children's ages they won't be together. If you have any other questions I can try to help.

It has been a while (years) since I have cursed with my kids but my DS was 2.5 for his first cruise. I too was nervous about the kids club but he loved it! They gave me a phone for communication (don’t know if they still do that or not), I would periodically peek in to check on him and he was always happy playing. I never got off the ship without though; we explored the islands, he explored. He would cry when we would come to pick him up; he didn’t want to leave. I hope this helps a bit

Are you sure about his age? Adventure Ocean starts at age 3 - no exceptions. Children must also be completely potty trained - they will not help at all. The youngest group is ages 3-5 and they will give you a phone to use (does not work off the ship). Not sure if this ship has a nursery. If it does, there is an hourly rate and you must reserve in advance. Max is 10 hours but if they don't have too many, you can book more later.

Don't think this was on RC. Adventure Ocean is for aged 3 on up and they are very strict about age. Even at 3 the kids have to be completely toilet trained and self-sufficient. No pull-ups.

Private in cabin babysitting is offered. This is reserved through guest services. I believe it's around $20 per hour. Babysitters are staff looking to earn extra cash, and not necessarily from the official children's program.

Ship may also have a nursery,which isn't as expensive as in-cabin sitting, but there is a fee. This is for children under 3.

Only kid's over 3 can use the "clubs"....the younger child might be able to do "in cabin babysitting"....they send 2 crew members.... The 3 year old will have a blast. The under 3....well, you'll be responsible for your child's good time. Bring a blow up tub...great for bathing (since you'll likely only have a shower), but also for splashing on the pool deck. Only toilet trained people are allowed in the pools.Don't freak out about leaving your 3 year old in a club for an hour or two. The whole point of parenting is to create INDEPENDENT kids, who grow up to be well-rounded adults. Don't "helicopter"! Let them grow!

Hi CC! Recently booked a 7 night on the Adventure next summer. Will be my 2nd cruise (first was 4 years ago prior to starting a family). Hubs and I are bringing our 2 peanuts with us this time. Will be 4.5 and 2.5. Any tips or recommendations? I've seen some things mentioned about child care on board. Not sure if I feel comfortable with that. Anyone who has used it.. what can you tell me about it? We are trying to get the grandparents to come with us, but in the event it doesn' work out, I was curious. I'm not leaving the ship without my babies.. it would more be to maybe catch a show or event one night. Thoughts? Will the kids be in the same room? Is it by age? I know nothing, so any info would be appreciated. I'm really nervous about even the thought of leaving my babies... just weighing options. Thank you!!

the 2 1/2 YO cannot use the kids club at all. so they will be with you at all times unless you spring for babysitting. you will have to check to see in Adventure has the babies and tots NURSERY.. which is group babysitting.. think day care... at a cost. IIRC every cabin is guaranteed a certain number of hours and then you can snag extra based on availability.. keeping in mind that the evenings are in high demand

the 4.5 YO can use Adventure ocean as ling as they are FULLY potty trained( no pull ups, no needing..assistance or reminders) the Hours that the program is open can be found if you get someone to post a copy of the on board activities sheets. they do have late night hours, again, at a cost. IIRC they do shut down for several hours at a time during the day.

strictly on a Space A basis, you MIGHT be able to have in room sitting. 2 off duty crew( from any department, not just kids activity staff) will be sent and the cost is much higher.. I *think* like $10 or $20 an hour as opposed to like $6-8/hr in the Nursery but you can have more than one kid in the cabin.

if you have early Traditional seating, you can look into My Family Time Dining for the older one. they serve his meal quicker and then pick him up and bring him to AO. then you get to enjoy coffee and dessert.