Adventure of the Seas 11/18/17 Review

Adventureof the Seas

11/18/17

SanJuan, St. Kitts, Martinique, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, San Juan

Greatcruise from a disaster area with friends

Iwant to first start by praising Royal and panning them. I want to praise Royal for all the runs theymade to bring emergency supplies to the Caribbean and getting stranded peoplehome. I want to pan them for believing that Puerto Rico is anywhere near readyto accept vacationers. Puerto Rico needsemergency support and even though both the federal and island government hasbeen near incompetent with the response does not mean Royal should encouragevacationers to fly to the island that has been declared a disaster area and usevaluable resources the people need.

Sincewe had multiple hotel reservations canceled, we were forced to fly from KansasCity to San Juan on the day of the cruise departure and fly home on the day ofcruise return. This made our vacationseem very short. Getting on the ship at3 pm departure day in San Juan feels like you missed a whole day of the cruise.One of our friends traveling from Chicago had flight delays and got on the shipat 7 pm just as the gates were closing.

Wewere in a balcony cabin 8254. Theprevious 4 cruises we had a Jr. Suite. The balcony felt small but was nice and had the Pullman bed for ourdaughter. Our cabin steward was greatbut something happened that we were unaware of and she was replaced on day5. We were sorry not to be able to thankher before we departed the ship.

RoyalMiami messed up our dinner reservations. We had scheduled late traditional seating and linked our reservationswith 2 other families to have a table together. We had confirmed this with RCLDinning 2 weeks before departure. When we got on the ship one of our friendshad been placed in early seating. No onein the dining room or guest services was really willing to make a change untilwe latterly refused to sit at a table for 6 in the dining room full of emptytables of 8 and 10 (there were 8 of us). Finally the maître de came to his senses and said here take this emptytable of 8.

Evenwith the frustration of the first night we had the most wonderful time atdinner every night. Our waiter wasHalyna Davyoska and our assistant waiter was Ridhatus Alfini (Ceta). They gave us amazing service. The first night my 13 yo diamond daughterlooked for the cheese rolls and there were none. Every night thereafter, Ceta had a plate ofwarm cheese rolls at her spot on the table.

Wewere on the Liberty in March and on that cruise the MDR food hit a newlow. I have to say that on this cruiseon Adventure, the MDR food was outstanding and better than we have had inseveral years. Baked Alaska was reallybaked, mushroom pastry was really a pastry, and the cherries jubilee was atleast warm cherries jubilee, I know you can’t have fire on the ship anymore,sure miss the real cherries jubilee.

As amazing as Halyna and Ceta were, it wasobvious that they had to really rush to stay up with all their tables’ dinnerservice. Ceta worked hard to keep ourdrinks filled. It would have been niceto see a bar waiter sometime. Ceta andHalyna gave us excellent wine service. They changed our glasses with each new bottle of wine. Nicholai our head waiter did provideassistance to Ceta and Halyna but he was also pressed to take care of hissection. I can’t say enough about how well we were treated. Royal does need to provide more staff in theMDR in my opinion.

Thesingers and dancers on the ship were great. We really enjoyed the production shows. We were not impressed by the cruise director.

Ourfirst stop was St. Kitts. We have made afriend of Veronica who owns a taxi and we always use her on St. Kitts for taxiservice. We chartered Captain Miles ofNevis Yacht Charters for a half day sail out of Reggae Beach Bar. As always, Captain Miles provided us with agreat sail and snorkel between St. Kitts and Nevis. Service at Reggae Beach Bar was great, foodwas just ok.

OnAntigua with hired taxi drive Nikki Mélange to give us a tour of the islandthen drop us at a beach for 3 hours ($25/pp). She did an outstanding job. Shepicked Church Beach and it was great chairs and umbrellas for 6 were $35.

OnMartinique we took the ferry to a beach. The cost was $7 round trip. Atthe beach bar we found a wonderful Grenache Rose for only $6 a glass. We had no trouble paying with dollars. We did not get any euros. They do speak French and we did have a littletrouble with communication.

OnSt. Lucia we did a two tank dive with Scuba Steve. The boat took us on about a 30 minute ride tothe Bay of Pigs. My wife and daughterwere able to snorkel and enjoy a beach while my friends and I did our two tankdive on two reefs. The dives were greatand Scuba Steve treated us very well. After the morning dives we had a light lunch at Brown Sugar Restaurant. The food was great and the price for anisland was very reasonable.

OnBarbados we went to Rockley Beach Park also called Accra Beach. This is our favorite beach in theCaribbean. Most of the cruisers go tothe Boatyard. There are several beachbars and nice facilities and Rockley beach and there are no crowds. Chairs and umbrellas for 9 cost only $30.

Oncewe got on the ship the cruise was wonderful. Since it was so port intensive, we did not use the diamond lounge muchor participate in many ship board activities beyond a couple of shows and justhanging at the pool on the last sea day. Having to fly in the day the cruise left and fly out the day we got backto port made the 7 day cruise feel like a 3 day cruise.

Adventureof the Seas

11/18/17

OnMartinique we took the ferry to a beach. The cost was $7 round trip. Atthe beach bar we found a wonderful Grenache Rose for only $6 a glass. We had no trouble paying with dollars. We did not get any euros. They do speak French and we did have a littletrouble with communication.

OnSt. Lucia we did a two tank dive with Scuba Steve. The boat took us on about a 30 minute ride tothe Bay of Pigs. My wife and daughterwere able to snorkel and enjoy a beach while my friends and I did our two tankdive on two reefs. The dives were greatand Scuba Steve treated us very well. After the morning dives we had a light lunch at Brown Sugar Restaurant. The food was great and the price for anisland was very reasonable.

My next cruise has added Martinique, so I have research to do, thanks for this. I'll consider diving in St Lucia next time. I did the volcano tour and that long bus ride on the road from hell will not be repeated.

My next cruise has added Martinique, so I have research to do, thanks for this. I'll consider diving in St Lucia next time. I did the volcano tour and that long bus ride on the road from hell will not be repeated.

The ferry dock is right by the cruise port there are severCCKfF0FmHLZIwV-fvM7EAWJNYk1wapk5s2sLXsouqQN1xOGS0sm1CubfvjjO_YdoyCFMPuxUVwd9mxN3J7YxeVEZ5wqqdesV7123NIyGrXNJuV-p4O8O2WQKgKibXE5ehcKGDtpnjhzD3BBSyqrgqv4zpeTyW72ZvV_SzOr897A8aQiHREj1Ay_V5ZIEPJ_M0h240AY6QgZiSvd5cNAfIvUdm-mfOgUZBwlaW91OfZfGq2tX0bwNx_Rv4nj9U4qyP-ucQvWVy1eMYwa0YROIexweulC9w9LRm7LDojP1qQBteFqOItUSc7Vz2ZsYWyuVod29Co-94UtfacPP_EY8V1ZiLHrrhtcukKB1WHzL1ulENctlZ34ncpvOD_70NdLqsiYW4rRFrw9nNmF-lqsjEocE2WGAh0_SJfhXGLYNtJfV3R4cDPJsyiQCTbhI5WX-QBFk0aY6Bjr60QRK9e4tuQ47CjMVUAip-fDcqrpk5x-oxs2lCZPjJ22tmkNvls3WBvW0Wbp2v2Svz87kbs8T_mnHsx775GUslCpD4eXxxA54H3lPw7FSkm3-gRJ2REksYfAM-6YopIY2bM4N-Dynl9pJ_GHAtVYcfbwOWE9Phg=w1314-h986-noal choices.