Suggestion for first timer

travelpal8

Hi we are late 50 early 60 pair like nature. We have time from 10 am to 10pm on Dec 8.Thinking of doing Chankanaab park and/or Mayan ruins (don't know which one to do please recommend). Any tour operator or tour package ? Is it safe to do only 2 people or do you suggest group? Thank you.

Chank Park is a great option, and so is Paradise Beach. Both are easy to do yourself... a quick cab ride, both are safe. Chank Park has an entry fee (approx $18/person) but it is a well managed area, and also has some interesting garden walk areas. Paradise Beach has a $3 entry fee... below is an e-mail I just received from Paradise Beach, to verify the options since my last visit....

==========

Greetings from sunny Cozumel, Mexico and the best beach club on the island PARADISE BEACH!! There is no need to make a reservation! However, please keep in mind that it is always best to arrive early so you have a better selection of lounge chairs, as they are available on a first come first serve basis. So just hop in a taxi cab and say, "Take me to PARADISE beach!" It is about a 10-15 minute taxi ride from town and runs about US$16 each way for up to four people.

I realize you already know a little bit about our beach club, but here is some more information that may also be helpful. Paradise Beach offers something for everyone, whether you are wanting to have some fun in the sun or just take a break in the shade…we have a little bit of it all. We have one of Cozumel’s largest swimming pools, two separate bars, a shaded hammock area, changing rooms at both the beach and the pool, super clean restrooms and three boutiques for your vacation shopping needs. This is all in addition to what everyone has always known and loved – THE BEACH.

For the use of our facilities (including the rental of lounge chairs, beach umbrellas, use of the pool, and free Wi-Fi Internet) we only charge $3 usd per person. We do however kindly request that you spend a minimum of $10 on food and/or drink consumption from one of our bars or restaurants on the beach or at the pool. We have two full bars with daily drink specials, including the famous tropical drinks served inside a whole coconut or pineapple (available with or without alcohol.) Plus our waiters offer full menu service on the beach and around the pool area, so you don’t even have to get out of your lounge chair to order food or a cold beverage. You can check out our menu on our web-site at www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com

We also have an optional FUN-PASS available that is NOT just for kids....but also for the kids at heart! :) The Paradise beach FUN-PASS includes all of the awesome inflatable water toys: the water trampolines, 14-ft. climbing iceberg, water slides, a floating multi-tiered Jungle Joe climbing structure, the Rock-it circular water rocker, and water mats --- as well as the coconut tree climb ….the “Paradise Beach FUN-PASS” also includes the use of kayaks, full snorkel gear, and stand-up paddle boards…all of this for only an additional $18 usd. (Many other beach clubs actually charge $15 to $20 extra for kayaks and/or snorkel equipment rental).

There are several other extra activities available at Paradise Beach including parasailing, wave runner rentals, banana boat rides, hair-braids, temporary tattoos, and heavenly massages on the beach.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any additional information. Safe travels to you and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Gracias!

Malin

Paradise Beach Cozumel

MEXICO

info@paradise-beach-cozumel.com

www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com

I’m a first timer too, but keep in mind that if you choose Tulum from Cozumel, you have to factor in the ferry ride from Cozumel to the mainland and back. That’s 90 minutes in addition to the drive from the ferry port to Tulum itself. Just a heads up.

For our Cozumel stop on our cruise next June, we’re just probably do a beach day and snorkel . We plan to visit a Mayan Ruins from Progreso, the next stop on our cruise

Drinks run along the same price line as what you would pay at a local up-scale bar... Bloody Mary runs about $8-$12 (varies depending upon the brand of vodka you choose).. but they charge a lot for those "special" drinks that come in a large souvenir coconut (or whatever).. The drink is the same,, and you get to keep the coconut, but you'll pay an extra $10 or so...

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you. After doing research, we decide to do the Tulum Mayan trip.

As today is Dec 14 and you should soon be back from the cruise can you let me know how Tulum was and especially the ferry ride to/from the mainland. We are considering this tour but we both have grave reservations about the ferry ride. Our cruise is the last week of Feb so we would be in Coz on March 2 I think.

Thank you in advance!

did the Chichen Itzu instead. The ferry ride is fine, the whole ferry is for cruise excursion.

Our concern is running into rough water during the ferry ride from island to mainland or back. My wife has an ear problem that causes vertigo and she is very apprehensive after some of the reviews she read. I realize that doing either ruins is probably a once in a lifetime chance for us at our age and given our future travel plans.

Did you really like Chichen Itza? I have a friend that says it is awesome.