Which cruise lines give double credit for solos?

TessM

I know Princess gives double cruise credits for solo passengers (and 3 credits if you book a suite solo) and I know RCCL used to but I'm not sure if they still do.

Can anyone confirm if Royal Caribbean still offers the double credit? And, are any of the other lines doing so as well?

Yeah, it's kind of amazing that after only two solo cruises on Princess (one in an inside, and one in a suite) I'll already be at Platinum level. I wish they gave double-double credit for a suite, but three credits is nice.

Thanks everyone. Although double credit wouldn't be a main factor in deciding on a cruise, it does make for a good tie-breaker.

Princess

Royal Caribbean

Celebrity

Azamara

JohnS43, congrats on reaching Platinum - you'll be Elite in no time. I love getting three credits for a suite.

Thanks everyone. Although double credit wouldn't be a main factor in deciding on a cruise, it does make for a good tie-breaker.

Princess

Royal Caribbean

Celebrity

Azamara

JohnS43, congrats on reaching Platinum - you'll be Elite in no time. I love getting three credits for a suite.

I can only hope Carnival will get on the band wagon and cut us solos some flack. That would be great.

• 2 weeks later...
Silly qiestion, but what is double credit? How do you get it and how does it work?

Hi, basically, credits are points you get for sailing. How they are generated

depends on each cruiseline but it normally depends on your cabin category

and/or length of your cruises.

In the past, normally solo cruisers would get 1 set of credits but some of

the cruise lines have changed their policy and instead of a single set you

now get a double set.

And there are usually levels of "Capt's Club" and you can various perks

depending on how many points you accumulated over the years. To

give you an an example, I normally sail with Celebrity and they have 4

levels of their Capt's Club..........I am in Elite Plus.....there is Select,

Elite, Elite Plus and Zenith.

Royal Caribbean has Diamond, Diamond Plus but I don't know their other

levels........I don't know how Princess/Carnival/HAL/NCL work for their

offerings.

Hope this helps a bit.

Hi, basically, credits are points you get for sailing. How they are generated

depends on each cruiseline but it normally depends on your cabin category

and/or length of your cruises.

In the past, normally solo cruisers would get 1 set of credits but some of

the cruise lines have changed their policy and instead of a single set you

now get a double set.

And there are usually levels of "Capt's Club" and you can various perks

depending on how many points you accumulated over the years. To

give you an an example, I normally sail with Celebrity and they have 4

Royal Caribbean has Diamond, Diamond Plus but I don't know their other

levels........I don't know how Princess/Carnival/HAL/NCL work for their

offerings.

Hope this helps a bit.

THANKS lois. I thought that's what it meant. I used to just get single credit which was annoying. I'm glad it's better now on more lines.

To give you an an example, I normally sail with Celebrity and they have 4

Wow Lois as much as you cruise on Celebrity, I would have thought you were maxed out.

I had to check out "Zenith" and that is a nice perk package. You must be close to Zenith by now - especially with double credits

Wow Lois as much as you cruise on Celebrity, I would have thought you were maxed out.

I had to check out "Zenith" and that is a nice perk package. You must be close to Zenith by now - especially with double credits

Hi Tess, I will never make Zenith......not even close. I think I have

about 1470 or about there...........you need 3000 credits to make Zenith.

Never going to happen.

Plus, this year I am not even booked on Celebrity. I took my first River

Cruise in April:) and I am sailing with my sister on Royal in October.

I have one cruise booked so far for 2017 but that is another River cruise:)

So I have sort of taken a break from Celebrity.

Edited by Lois R

Plus, this year I am not even booked on Celebrity. I took my first River

Cruise in April:) and I am sailing with my sister on Royal in October.

I have one cruise booked so far for 2017 but that is another River cruise:)

So I have sort of taken a break from Celebrity.

It's good to take a break but I think you'll miss Celebrity. I'm glad you've tried the river cruises. I've considered them but I'm not crazy about any of the itineraries except the Amsterdam one in tulip season. For Europe, I prefer land vacations - I love trains so maybe that's why.

Plus, airfares to Europe are so cheap right now - for all the good (low oil prices) and bad (acts of terrorism) reasons. I live in the Pacific NW in between Seattle and Vancouver, in fact I live closer to the Vancouver airport than to SeaTac. Because of the weak Canadian dollar, and low flight prices in general, flights out of Vancouver are crazy low. I thought paying $511 for a round trip, nonstop flight to Paris on Air France in February was low. But, now I'm planning my vacation for Thanksgiving week and I found a round trip flight from Vancouver to Barcelona for $357. That's not a typo. But, I found flights with a better connection time for $412. Hotels are inexpensive in late-November too - about $100/night. So right now I'm just trying to decide if I want to fly into Madrid for a couple of days and then take the fast train to Barcelona and then fly home from BCN. -- And, of course, I'm doing all this solo.

I've got a cruise to Panama Canal (partial transit) in October (my cousin and her husband are also booked on this one) and a Western Caribbean cruise in late-Feb (in a suite) so I haven't given up on cruises but if airfares stay so low into next year, my Feb cruise might be last for awhile as I'll want to take advantage of the low fares to Europe - I've got to get to Prague one of these days. :)

It's good to take a break but I think you'll miss Celebrity. I'm glad you've tried the river cruises. I've considered them but I'm not crazy about any of the itineraries except the Amsterdam one in tulip season. For Europe, I prefer land vacations - I love trains so maybe that's why.

Plus, airfares to Europe are so cheap right now - for all the good (low oil prices) and bad (acts of terrorism) reasons. I live in the Pacific NW in between Seattle and Vancouver, in fact I live closer to the Vancouver airport than to SeaTac. Because of the weak Canadian dollar, and low flight prices in general, flights out of Vancouver are crazy low. I thought paying $511 for a round trip, nonstop flight to Paris on Air France in February was low. But, now I'm planning my vacation for Thanksgiving week and I found a round trip flight from Vancouver to Barcelona for $357. That's not a typo. But, I found flights with a better connection time for $412. Hotels are inexpensive in late-November too - about $100/night. So right now I'm just trying to decide if I want to fly into Madrid for a couple of days and then take the fast train to Barcelona and then fly home from BCN. -- And, of course, I'm doing all this solo.

I've got a cruise to Panama Canal (partial transit) in October (my cousin and her husband are also booked on this one) and a Western Caribbean cruise in late-Feb (in a suite) so I haven't given up on cruises but if airfares stay so low into next year, my Feb cruise might be last for awhile as I'll want to take advantage of the low fares to Europe - I've got to get to Prague one of these days. :)

Hi Tess, wow that is cheap airfare for sure:D.....

You may be right (about missing Celebrity) but as of now, I have

nothing booked with them and nothing will be until at least the fall of

2017. I don't really miss them now so will see as time goes on.......

I would highly recommend the Tulip Time itinerary for a river cruise:D

• 1 month later...

NCL gives double points if you book 9 months in advance. After my upcoming cruises I should be gold. Really excited about that.

RCCL also gives double point for solos but they weren't added automatically. I had to call and ask.

Edited by JetSet2B

NCL gives double points if you book 9 months in advance. After my upcoming cruises I should be gold. Really excited about that.

RCCL also gives double point for solos but they weren't added automatically. I had to call and ask.

Hopefully they fix that for you next time. Luckily, I've never had to call in to get my double points from RCCL when I cruise solo.

• 1 year later...
No more double points for solos on Royal Caribbean...I sailed the Serenade of the Seas back this past March on an 11 night sailing and did not get the double points.

Email Crown & Anchor. I was on the Empress of the Seas in July to Cuba and they did not credit me double points. I sent C&A an email and it was corrected. Royal Caribbean still gives double points for solos and triple points for a Junior Suite or higher.

No more double points for solos on Royal Caribbean...I sailed the Serenade of the Seas back this past March on an 11 night sailing and did not get the double points.

I was told by Royal Caribbean that if I pay the full double fare. I would get double points, but if I get a discounted "single supplement" fare, then no double points...

They don't give double points for the solo (studio) cabins. They only have a few of them. Otherwise whatever price you pay as a solo, sometimes double sometimes not, you will get double points. As Steel Magnolia says you often have to ask C&A to add them..

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, NCL stopped giving double points for the 9 months advance bookings. Now the only way to get double points is either booking their latitudes offers or book a suite. This was a recent change - I did get the double points over a year ago booking 11 months ahead.

For the first time, Celebrity credited me with my double points for sailing solo without my having to call and ask for them after the fact! :D Given that they rarely have deals/reduced supplements compared to what I see with other cruise lines, I'm glad that they do give double points. But I'd join the chorus of those encouraging those who think they should have gotten double points to call about them. My 2 previous solo cruises I had to call and it was quickly taken care of.

It appears that Holland America does not, but since my supplement was only $300, I can't complain. ;)