Mitsugirly

I think my Canon d10 is slowly dying. I know you use to have one as well and you got the d20 if I'm not mistaken but didn't like it as much as the d10. I wanted to ask you if you thought the Olympus t4 was just as good as the d10? I wanted to ask you personally because I know you were a d10 owner as well. I know there's a t5 out now. I'm going to have to check what the differences are between the two. TIA

I think my Canon d10 is slowly dying. I know you use to have one as well and you got the d20 if I'm not mistaken but didn't like it as much as the d10. I wanted to ask you if you thought the Olympus t4 was just as good as the d10? I wanted to ask you personally because I know you were a d10 owner as well. I know there's a t5 out now. I'm going to have to check what the differences are between the two. TIA

I'm not mitsugirly but I also follow, and LOVE her reviews and all the beautiful pictures she includes. As you said, I do recall that she had the Canon at one point but believe she's using the Olympus Tough (forget which model she has now). If you can find any of her reviews (two still appear on the first couple of pages in the Carnival boards) and post your question on a reply to one of her reviews, I'm sure she will see it. I've never seen her post anything here on the photo and camera discussions. I know this doesn't answer your questions, but hope this helps. :)

My Canon D10 played out several years ago. I never did get the D20 (I had 2 of the D10's).

I switched to Olympus Tough...not by choice, but because I did a cruise and completely forgot to bring my Canon charger with me and I just couldn't have that! So, I purchased a camera on the ship and they only sold the Olympus Tough camera's. BEST DECISION EVER!

I LOVE the Olympus cameras and have been so happy with them and they are a lot better than the Canon IMO. I started with a 620, then bought a 830, then upgraded to a TG4. ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM! Then purchased my daughter (Sakari) a 620. So...we have 4 of them now.

If you get a chance to get the TG4 or newer...do so. The great thing about them versus the older models is that you can put lens on them. Instead of having a square lens area, they have the round. I immediately bought a fish eye for mine and love it! The TG4 also has a few more settings than the older models (but a little bit bigger than the 620). It takes awesome pictures!

My Canon D10 played out several years ago. I never did get the D20 (I had 2 of the D10's).

I switched to Olympus Tough...not by choice, but because I did a cruise and completely forgot to bring my Canon charger with me and I just couldn't have that! So, I purchased a camera on the ship and they only sold the Olympus Tough camera's. BEST DECISION EVER!

I LOVE the Olympus cameras and have been so happy with them and they are a lot better than the Canon IMO. I started with a 620, then bought a 830, then upgraded to a TG4. ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM! Then purchased my daughter (Sakari) a 620. So...we have 4 of them now.

If you get a chance to get the TG4 or newer...do so. The great thing about them versus the older models is that you can put lens on them. Instead of having a square lens area, they have the round. I immediately bought a fish eye for mine and love it! The TG4 also has a few more settings than the older models (but a little bit bigger than the 620). It takes awesome pictures!

Hey there! Wasn't sure if you'd see this post or not. I currently have the Canon D20 that I mainly use for underwater, but I am seriously considering getting the TG4 or newer as well as I think it would be a great "go to" camera for underwater AND to use as a point and shoot. The point and shoot I have isn't waterproof and it's starting to show it's age AND it can't take anything above a 2gb memory card. Those aren't easy to find anymore. I love the idea with the TG4 and newer and the lenses you can add. I love the pictures you get and a lot of that is you and the composition. :) Thanks for the info.

Hey there! Wasn't sure if you'd see this post or not. I currently have the Canon D20 that I mainly use for underwater, but I am seriously considering getting the TG4 or newer as well as I think it would be a great "go to" camera for underwater AND to use as a point and shoot. The point and shoot I have isn't waterproof and it's starting to show it's age AND it can't take anything above a 2gb memory card. Those aren't easy to find anymore. I love the idea with the TG4 and newer and the lenses you can add. I love the pictures you get and a lot of that is you and the composition. :) Thanks for the info.

Hey pgh...I would definitely consider the TG4 for an all around camera. It's definitely worth it in my book. I take mine everywhere for just about everything.

As for your point and shoot, you could always carry that for back up if ever needed. You know me, I don't go anywhere without a back up...or 2...or 3...;p

If your point and shoot camera can only hold a 2gb card, I have 2 of them if you want them. I don't use them anymore since I have converted to the 16gb and up. I have a 4gb as well, but if your camera won't take it... Let me know if you want them. :) It's always good to have a second camera just in case.

Hey pgh...I would definitely consider the TG4 for an all around camera. It's definitely worth it in my book. I take mine everywhere for just about everything.

As for your point and shoot, you could always carry that for back up if ever needed. You know me, I don't go anywhere without a back up...or 2...or 3...;p

If your point and shoot camera can only hold a 2gb card, I have 2 of them if you want them. I don't use them anymore since I have converted to the 16gb and up. I have a 4gb as well, but if your camera won't take it... Let me know if you want them. :) It's always good to have a second camera just in case.

Hey there! Yeah, I'm really considering the TG4 for an all around point and shoot and have actually been wanting to upgrade for a few years now. The one I currently have, Kodak Z612 (one that can only use the 2GB memory cards) is only a 6 megapixel, so although the quality is OK, it's not as good as many that are available now my phone gets much better pictures. It's also on it's last leg and showing some major signs of crapping out on me, like just shutting off and sometimes won't auto focus anymore. I actually had trouble with it on our most recent cruise (southern itinerary out of San Juan) and it temporarily refused to work. I always have backup, so I was covered. Whew!!! I have had it since 2007 & have gotten many years of good use out of it, but just can't rely on it anymore. :( I didn't even take it to Hawaii this past September but I definitely had coverage between the DSLR, Canon D20, and phone. I've actually been very happy with the phone pictures. But seriously considering the TG4 because I do need (ok, don't *need*...would love to have) another all around point and shoot. I love that you can do so much with it too. Through your pictures and pictures that a friend of ours gets with theirs, I have *seen* how the pictures come out, so I know the quality is there. I'm also looking at a Tamron lens for the DSLR. It's a lens that goes from the wider angle to zoom, so with one lens I'd have the range that I need two different lenses for currently. That's a little pricey though, so I may have to wait on that.

Thank you for your offer of the 2GB and 4GB's, but since I can't really rely on the Z612 anymore, I'm just afraid to take it on a vacation. I really do appreciate your offer though. :)

Edited by pghsteelerfan