Nautica

pinotlover

Can’t seem to find the schedule, but I thought the Nautica was suppose to go into dry dock last month. It’s been over three years since she was was. We were on her in July and it’s definitely time for a bit of a facelift. We are scheduled back on her in February.

Did she in fact go in dry dock? Any comments on any upgrades! We were told she would be shifting over to Jacques Bistro concept for lunch, but no Red Ginger, did that happen?

I know she’s off the coast of India now, just looking for an update on here. Thanks.

At the end of late September cruise, everyone had to be off the ship as soon as possible (even some crew) and Nautica went to Marseilles for a 3 day dry dock. Ray Carr mentioned new carpet for the suites and new decking for the pool deck (materials were loaded as soon as they docked and work on the deck began that morning. There were other things but the ship was going to start a new cruise on Oct 6 which meant just 3 days. Nothing was said about the restaurants.

Thanks for the update. In July, our PH cabin carpet was significantly and noticeably worn in the high traffic areas. Good thing they were replaced. Some of the cabinetry also badly needed repairs or replacement. Not sure if all that got done in three days!

I believe the notice we got from O stated they were starting the Jacques Bistro for lunch service in the GDR aboard the ship, while making no mention of other restaurant changes. Since that is merely an operational change, requiring no construction, I wonder if it has commenced?

At the end of late September cruise, everyone had to be off the ship as soon as possible (even some crew) and Nautica went to Marseilles for a 3 day dry dock. Ray Carr mentioned new carpet for the suites and new decking for the pool deck (materials were loaded as soon as they docked and work on the deck began that morning. There were other things but the ship was going to start a new cruise on Oct 6 which meant just 3 days. Nothing was said about the restaurants.

I was on in the first week of Sept and I'm pretty sure our CD was Cory. When did Ray Carr come on?

So glad the combination Polo and Toscana was done away with.....not a good on our Sirena cruise this spring. And Red Ginger was NOT what it was on Marina....

So are we understanding things correctly: on Nautcia now, it's Toscana and Polo like before?

We were on Nautica in June/July 2016 and Sirena in October 2016. Nautica never did have the "Tuscan Steak" replacement for Toscana and Polo. As far as I know Sirena is the only "R" ship that has/had Tuscan Steak. Comments have been made here that the Tuscan Steak alternative was not popular with many passengers as well as the staff, so perhaps they are not going ahead with the combination of Polo and Toscana on the other "R" ships. I do NOT speak with authority here.

I agree, we didn't like it either.

Mura

You are definitely not alone.

We've never cared for Red Ginger but I will admit that the meal we had in RG on Sirena in October 2016 was the best Red Ginger meal we ever had.

As to Tuscan Steak replacing Toscana and Polo, we didn't care for it because most of our favorite dishes, especially from Polo, had been removed.

We much prefer Tuscana and Polo as independent venues. For the record, on the O ships are favorite is Jacques ... our least favorite is Red Ginger.

Just so you know our biases!

Mura

Curious. Why didn't you like the combo and RG?

Think about your favorite Italian restaurant and your favorite steakhouse. Now imagine merging them in the same rather cold, contemporary space and keeping only the most ordinary items from each menu.

But maybe people who have been on Sirena a couple of times will miss Red Ginger if they go on Nautica. Everybody has their preferences.

Mary