Best way to get to Grand Anse Beach

rhondarosebud

I see on here how much a water taxi is and cost of renting chair/umbrella. But what is the best and safest way to get to Grand Anse Beach. And how do you know what area to go to for the best relaxing area that still has plenty of service (drinks and restrooms) around close?

Any suggestions on how to enjoy the day/tips greatly accepted.

• 1 month later...

water taxi and land taxi are both safe. Water taxi drops you right in front of Coconuts Creole restaurant which has a restaurant chairs etc. If you walk a little to the right you will have numerous other options for food and drink but Coconuts gets my vote :-)

Hurricane Maria missed us thankfully but the swells she threw our way very badly damaged our water taxi dock on grand anse beach. It has been completely removed and we are in the process of getting a new one but it could be some time till we have a dock up and running so land taxis may be best bet. ASAP I get any updates I will post them.

Thanks Islandstar...thinking of you all

Sent from my VS987 using Forums mobile app

Thankyou. We are fine though unlike our sister islands. Grenada has already sent 4 full containers to Dominica with water, medical supplies, tarpaulins, non-perishable foods, feminine and baby products. Prime Minister Skerrit of Dominica broke down in an interview and has asked the international community to come to their aid. The Nature Island has been stripped bare - it is heart wrenching.

• 2 weeks later...
We took the local bus for $1. It was a real cultural experience. It will not save tome, but gives you a feel of the island. We opted for the water taxi back. They will not leave until it is FULL. Thus was a drag in the hot sun.

Sounds like a good option for our group of 12. Where did you pick up the bus, how often did it pass, and would we have trouble getting all 12 of us on it?

• 5 weeks later...
Hurricane Maria missed us thankfully but the swells she threw our way very badly damaged our water taxi dock on grand anse beach. It has been completely removed and we are in the process of getting a new one but it could be some time till we have a dock up and running so land taxis may be best bet. ASAP I get any updates I will post them.

Any news on that yet IslandStar?

Any news on that yet IslandStar?

The team from Grenada Seafaris Powerboat Adventure and the Water Taxi guys met with Government and Tourism Authority Officials recently. New pilings are going in (newer location more towards the vendors market) so we are hoping it will be operation by end November. As before asap it is fit for use I will let everyone know :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

$10 USD, round trip. At the cruise terminal, they were insisting you had to buy a round-trip ticket. But at the beach, they were selling one-way tickets. There were plenty of boats. We only had to wait about 5 minutes for them to fill up the boats we were in.

The boat was an open v-hull, with partial shade, and outboard motor. There were probably 20 people on board. It was packed full. I didn't notice if they had life jackets under the seats. The boat route is along the shore line. If the boat swamped, I could easily swim to shore.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

• 5 weeks later...
We took the local bus for $1. It was a real cultural experience. It will not save tome, but gives you a feel of the island. We opted for the water taxi back. They will not leave until it is FULL. Thus was a drag in the hot sun.

Is the bus just about the pier to get the ride to Anse Beach?

Is it possible to walk there?

No water taxi for me. When the ship is tendered, that is my free water taxi to the port. LOL! haha

• 3 weeks later...

We took a taxi van over $5 pp It was about 20 min because of winding route and heavy traffic.

On the return we took the water Taxi. They are just open boats with outboard motors but they make the trip in 10-15 min. Max. You do have to get your feet wet to climb in or out at the beach. Their is a dock at the ship.

If you are at the beach getting your feet wet should not be a big deal.

I just took my shoes off to get in and then put them back on.

They are building a dock at the beach.

Taking the cab over let us see part of the city but if I go back I will just take the water taxi both ways.

While you can see the ships from the beach I would not call it walkable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Took the water taxi last week- it was a little time consuming since they do not leave until they are full, and we had to sit at the dock for about 30 minutes until they got enough people to make the 10-15 minute trip. The "taxi" had seen better days and DID NOT have any life jackets, and although you are never out of sight of the shore I was a little nervous- they packed the boat as full as they could. We did take the water taxi back as well since they sold us round trip tickets, so do not know how the land taxi is. They charged $10 per person to get a chair with shared umbrella and the water was very swimmable it you went away from the taxis. The $15 was supposed to include bathroom facilities, but they were very primitive and the attendant charged $1 to use it. It was about a 10 minute walk back to the ship. Grenada was a very easy and friendly port.

Usually the walk back to the ship is about 2 minutes as they drop you right by your ship. Unfortunately we have had some horrible sea swells and so the decision is taken to load you inside the Carenage which means a short walk through the Sendall Tunnel.

Our water taxi dock on the beach has now been rebuilt but some say it is very high and stepping into and out of the boats is relatively tricky. It would be useful to gather feedback from those that use the dock as there is a request in to add a step or too to make it easier for your cruise ship guests. Has anyone had any experience of the dock?