Oriana - how does it compare with Azura and Ventura? Any recommended suites?

Harry Peterson

Sadly I have no knowledge at all of the Oriana - though I do know Azura and Ventura pretty well.

How does it compare please for entertainment offerings and dining venues?

And any thoughts as to which are the best suites to aim for, or are they all much the same?

If you are looking to book a suite there are very few of them but they are very nice and all the same. I take it it’s for the two new Cruises which are on sale tomorrow with very good prices. At the prices I have seen they will fly as will all the balcony cabins as there are not that many of them.

Beautiful ship we have two cruises booked on her next year.

Better suites than on Azura.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe you can have breakfast in Sindhu. Oriana is nothing like Azura, which is the only large ship I have sailed on. I did not like Azura. too big, too noisy.

So Oriana is a lovely ship, stylish with her new decor, but without the frills you would get on Azura.

I believe you can have breakfast in Sindhu. Oriana is nothing like Azura, which is the only large ship I have sailed on. I did not like Azura. too big, too noisy.

So Oriana is a lovely ship, stylish with her new decor, but without the frills you would get on Azura.

That's interesting - sounds good. I rather like the frills that come with a suite, though - what would I be missing on Oriana, as against Azura?

Sorry, I didn't mean a suite would be missing frills, as I don't cruise in a suite. I just mean the things on the ship, like the seascreen which I hated, too loud. It's a while since I cruised on her, but we said never again. Just too big. Waiting for 45 minutes to get back on board is not my idea of fun in 90 degrees. We love Oriana, so I hope you do too.

That's interesting - sounds good. I rather like the frills that come with a suite, though - what would I be missing on Oriana, as against Azura?

Nothing at all. Separate place for breakfast all other amenities are the same.

For her size, Oriana has very good entertainment options. You have a main show in the Theatre, some sort of cabaret in the Pacific Lounge, music at different times in Tiffany's, Lord's Tavern and The Crows Nest, Dancing in Harlequins, a film in the cinema - or quiet conversation in Anderson's of course!

When someone says can you compare two ships and which is the best I have great difficulty as I like all the ships and like the fact that they are different. I love the Lords Tavern on Oriana. The stern is wonderful with the tiering as on Aurora. Oriana is different to most ships in that each venue is in a separate room with only the coffee shop Tiffany’s being open and with a through flow of people.

We have two cruises booked next year on her so we must like the ship.

Re Dining Docco, Oriana has one fewer alternative options as there is not a Glass House. There is a Sindhu and a Beach House. There is also Al Fresco, which is an alternative for light breakfasts and lunch. It is a small, intimate venue with access to some outdoor. covered seating too.

Re Dining Docco, Oriana has one fewer alternative options as there is not a Glass House. There is a Sindhu and a Beach House. There is also Al Fresco, which is an alternative for light breakfasts and lunch. It is a small, intimate venue with access to some outdoor. covered seating too.

We like Al he is a canny lad. :).

ps don’t tell everyone about Al’s as it is only little.

What new cruises go on sale tomorrow?

Three new cruises were put on sale last Friday, two to the Canaries and one to Bruges. They are Jan and Feb 2018. Prices were very low on Friday morning but as the bookings started to pour in, the prices rose. They are after the unscheduled day’s out of service in dry dock.