Flights from Bournemouth to Barbados

jasperado

Hello

We are looking at a re positioning cruise in March 2019 (long way in advance, I know) and as we live on the Isle of Wight, Bournemouth looks attractive as a nearer and "quieter" airport than Gatwick. We have flown very early morning from Gatwick before, entailing a stay at Gatwick the night before. Am I correct in thinking the timings would be the same for Bournemouth? I would like to know if the £50 per person supplement is cost effective or whether we should just go from Gatwick as usual.

Thank you

Thank you for your reply. I can be so stupid sometimes!!! Of course the timings will be similar. The planes arrive.....the boat waits for a while but will not wait for ever and it IS a few thousand miles away. So to arrive for a 5pm sailaway, flights will be early morning.

This will still need an overnight hotel stay, so will probably just go to Gatwick, but thank you all for viewing :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Might be too late now, but how will you get to Bournemouth Airport, as it's nowhere near sensible public transport?

Gatwick on the other hand is one train from Portsmouth straight into the terminal. This is what I did last year for the March Transatlantic. I think the first train of the day was £21 return and got to Gatwick about 3 hrs earlier than the flight - ideal.

A return taxi from Portsmouth is about £110

Good luck, whatever you decide.

Hi,

Might be too late now, but how will you get to Bournemouth Airport, as it's nowhere near sensible public transport?

Gatwick on the other hand is one train from Portsmouth straight into the terminal. This is what I did last year for the March Transatlantic. I think the first train of the day was £21 return and got to Gatwick about 3 hrs earlier than the flight - ideal.

A return taxi from Portsmouth is about £110

Good luck, whatever you decide.

Hi, thanks for the considerate advice.

All your points are very relevant and even though we havent actually booked yet, we will be going from Gatwick.

It was just a passing thought.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
As I said earlier, and to confirm, the flight from Bournemouth should be TUI 787 Dreamliner flight number BY138 scheduled departure approx. 1045 hrs.

Thanks for that - good news for travellers from here! We've not travelled on the Dreamliner from Bournemouth before. It definitely wasn't in January this year but I'm pleased to know they do use the 787 rather than us going up to Gatwick.

Thanks for that - good news for travellers from here! We've not travelled on the Dreamliner from Bournemouth before. It definitely wasn't in January this year but I'm pleased to know they do use the 787 rather than us going up to Gatwick.

Hi

First one going out this morning