Platinum lounge at the Long Beach port?

cruzn4yrs

We are sailing on the Carnival Miracle December 2, 2017. This will be our first "open ocean" sailing and we have questions.

Does the los Angeles Carnival cruise port have a platinum lounge?

What weather can we expect on the 5 days to get to Hawaii?

We want to do a luau. Any suggestions?

The Captain’s Lounge in Long Beach is puny, holding about 40 pax. They encourage you to wait outside, freeing up the space for those checking in. We’ve had easy checkin/boarding when arriving after the Dome doors open around 11:30.

The December Hawaii cruise has hit weather a couple of times the past few years (Mom has sailed this cruise many times). Plan your seasick meds.

Check the Hawaii Port of Call board and your roll call for ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You've been before. What do you recommend to do in kuia? Best luau?

Thanks

Perhaps you mean Kauai?

If so, there is a "once-in-a-lifetime" thing to do there: helicopter ride focused on the NaPali coast. 86942d9503402621effe63f2fc41c61f.jpgd5678edcdd5f53e00e043dd690f6a128.jpg

IMO, the very best luaus are high school fundraisers (homemade food, authentic and devoted performers, reasonably priced, though it is a better option for a land vacation).

Another great "locals" luau on Kauai we've done in the past is the family run one at the Tahiti Nui bar on Kauai (yes the same bar that's in George Clooney's "The Descendants"). The big tourist luau on Kauai is Smith's- ok for you first visit.

On Oahu IMO, recognize that Honolulu is pretty much L.A. with a bit more ocean. Instead head up the coast to see the north shore (if time permits). Also, if you are a museum fan, check out the Bishop Museum on Oahu or even the little County museum in Lihue on Kauai.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the suggestions.

If it gets rough, I have patches, Dramamine and pressure bands. Hope I don't need any of them.

We'll probably book something on board in Kauai.

We fly into LAX next Friday, staying at the Long Beach Best Western. I read that they have a free shuttle to the port. DO we have to make reservations for this shuttle service?

One week to go. Starting to gather everything for packing.