Drinks Packages

dpatter2

:cool: Hi My daughter and I are going on a 10 day P&O Pacific Explorer cruise and I am a reasonable drinker of alcohol but want to know if the $95 per day package is worth the money?

It really comes down to what, and how many you drink.

:cool: Hi My daughter and I are going on a 10 day P&O Pacific Explorer cruise and I am a reasonable drinker of alcohol but want to know if the $95 per day package is worth the money?

A little basic arithmetic will help: what is the average shipboard price of the sort of drink you prefer - and how many of them will you drink on an average day; remembering that, if you are ashore for any length of time on a port day, you will have to play catch up on your sea days.

Speaking personally, I cannot imagine regularly ordering drinks costing more than $15 - or regularly averaging more than six.

As NBT's post, do the arithmetic.

And the number of sea-days comes into it - on port days you'll be ashore for most of the day.

Check also any limitations - maximum drink values, excluded drinks, limited hours, etc.

Folk who buy packages do seem to make sure they drink enough to get value-for-money :cocktail::wine-glass::tropical-drink::beer-mug::whiskey-glass:

BTW, is this USD or AUD?

JB :)

Is that per person or for both of you? If it is per person, it sounds like an extremely large amount per day unless you drink 10 or more alcoholic beverages per day.

Also, some of the packages include other drinks, so figure in any consumption of those. Specialty coffees, sodas, fresh squeezed juice, etc.

And convenience. I cruise on RCI, and if I have the package, they swipe my card and done. If I am pay as you go, I have to sign the tab each time.

If a Caribbean cruise, and one port day is on the cruise line's private island, typically the drink package works on the island.