Question about Chakanb? Safe to take taxi on your own ?

kibutzer

:confused: Hi We are on Disney Wonder and was wondering if it is safe to take taxi to Chakanb on your own? We haven't been there is 20 years and know things have changed a bit.

There is no such place as Chakanb, so it's hard to say. There is a Chakan India, but I doubt that is where you are talking about. What country are you talking about and how is the city spelled?

THey are talking about Chankanaab in Cozumel.

Yea, it is safe to take a cab on your own. Cabs in Cozumel are "per cab," not "per person" and fares are posted on a board at the dock. There is an admission fee to the area and additional fees based on what you choose to do.

Cabs are plentiful in Cozumel. I highly recommend going to the taxi stand for your taxi. You'll find people hawking rides to various places, those I wouldn't trust - they tend to cram people in and then try to get you to go to where they are getting a kick back.

Taxi rates are set and there is a board at the taxi stand that tells you exactly what the cost will be. And yes, it's perfectly safe.

Yes -- we have taken a taxi there, no problem! As a previous posted stated, head to an official taxi stand to pick up a ride there. There should be several taxis available for the ride back to the port. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Not Chankanaab, but we took a taxi to Paradise Beach in June this year. I've always been nervous about going off by myself when cruising but this was absolutely no problem at all. We lined up and when we got to the front were asked where we were going. They told the driver and it was a set price. On the way back, there were plenty of taxi's waiting.