Viking TransPacific or Celebrity? Help

sunbrookgal

HI, Celebrity has a TransPacific 2019 from Tokyo to Vancouver. So does Viking. Which one would you choose? A real Q. We've been on all std cruise lines. Celebrity many. Experiences appreciated. This is a new Viking ship, coming out in 2018. The Orion.

I would choose Viking, but then again I had given up on ocean cruises almost entirely until Viking River Cruises launched its Ocean division and started building new ships and a new take on ocean cruising. I suggest reading this thread to learn more about what people like about Viking:

Tell Me Why.....

We picked this cruise and going on Viking Orion for the first time . We also elected to do their 7 day post excursion to BC and their 2 day Tokyo pre excursion . We’ve been to China in Viking’s river cruise and loved it , so we decided that it would be a great way to see a little bit of Japan during their cherry blossom time .

Honestly, we've taken 2 Celebrity cruises (on Summit) and didn't think much of the ship or the food, and service was quite so-so as well. However, the music and entertainment were better than what's on Viking, unless you love classical, string quartets, etc. (We don't.) Viking has much more space per passenger and not the crowded feel of Celebrity. For a trans-ocean cruise with many sea days, I don't think I could handle a Celebrity cruise. Go with Viking, unless you actually like lots of activity, noise, and people.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank You for your info. We booked the Orion. Our friends have booked as well.

We are on that Viking cruise , we added the NEW POST 7 night Vancouver tour( beautiful hotels and tours- been to British Columbia and wanted to go back ) and the 2 or 3 day Tokyo extension . I figured that we may not ever get back there so let’s go for it .