Customer Service???

gowilk

only one word works...WOW.

I’ve been on 7 different cruise lines, some of which by reputation, have some of the worst customer service. Yet my initial impression here, can only rate one word....WOW.

1st attempt, 6 minutes till answer, I have a question,they ask reservation number? I respond with “PAID” reservation number and say I have a question about shore excursions, interrupt andput me on hold, 10 minutes later I give up and quit listening to the annoying music

2nd attempt, same as first except I start to ask about visas before being interrupted for another 10 minutes hold and give up.

Next I attempt an email to which a smart ass answer saying I emailed the wrong person even though yet again they know my reservation number and home phone number.

I just want to scream, I have a couple of relatively simple and mostly:mad: conformational questions that virtually any monkey should be able to answer and this is what I deal with....NOT even close to acceptable for a cruise line that wants $1500 a day per room.

"It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies."

Find a good Oceania TA and stop calling directly. We have been on many many O cruises and always have all of our needs met by our TA?

Also, it’s hard to get MAD at electronic answering . If you don’t answer in the format expected you will not get a positive response.

"It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies."

Can you point out where I referred to spelling or grammar mistakes?

I am commenting on the histrionic quality of the post coupled with the use of terms like "smart ass" and "monkey".

I would expect that one who expresses themselves like that in writing is perhaps likely to conduct themselves the same way verbally, which may impede their chance of obtaining a satisfactory response.

Find a good Oceania TA and stop calling directly. We have been on many many O cruises and always have all of our needs met by our TA?

Also, it’s hard to get MAD at electronic answering . If you don’t answer in the format expected you will not get a positive response.

But, it is so excruciatingly satisfying to repeat to the robot prompts, over and over and over again:

Representative, Representative, Representative, Representative, Representative, Representative, Representative, Representative, Representative, Representative, Representative, Representative, Representative, Agent, Agent, Agent, Agent, Agent, AAAGENTTT!!!!

That said, I have noticed that when I need something from O, which I'd rather handle personally (rather than use our TA), e.g., excursions, there is a generally better phone responsiveness (time, knowledge, accuracy, helpfulness) when you select the number choice for customers who have booked through a TA.

If one has a good TA, with Oceania experience, they often know the answer to many of your questions. You can ask them without the need to either call Oceania or even post it here. My TA is well compensated to answer, or have my questions answered.

If your verbal communication is anything like your writing style, I can imagine that it might be hard for customer service reps to respond effectively to your questions.

What a crock! Is that why they put the OP on hold for ten minutes without returning with an answer or some sort of solution? I agree a good TA is the solution but that's no reason to shoot the messenger. But then CC is filled with people who will bear no criticism of their favorite cruise line.

What a crock! Is that why they put the OP on hold for ten minutes without returning with an answer or some sort of solution? I agree a good TA is the solution but that's no reason to shoot the messenger. But then CC is filled with people who will bear no criticism of their favorite cruise line.

With what part of my reasoning do you disagree?

I’ve been on 7 different cruise lines, some of which by reputation, have some of the worst customer service. Yet my initial impression here, can only rate one word....WOW.

1st attempt, 6 minutes till answer, I have a question,they ask reservation number? I respond with “PAID” reservation number and say I have a question about shore excursions, interrupt andput me on hold, 10 minutes later I give up and quit listening to the annoying music

2nd attempt, same as first except I start to ask about visas before being interrupted for another 10 minutes hold and give up.

Next I attempt an email to which a smart ass answer saying I emailed the wrong person even though yet again they know my reservation number and home phone number.

I just want to scream, I have a couple of relatively simple and mostly:mad: conformational questions that virtually any monkey should be able to answer and this is what I deal with....NOT even close to acceptable for a cruise line that wants $1500 a day per room.

gowilk, On automated answering systems, sometimes if you press the 0, # or * keys, it will bypass the message and get you a real person. If a human puts you on hold for 10 minutes, that's not acceptable. I suggest you hang up and call back. If it happens again, you may have reached them at a time of low staffing. I would hang up and try later.

Or you can do what you have suggested and find a cruise line that gives you the customer service you like.

Try asking your questions here.

Many seasoned O cruisers here know the correct answer better than many (but not all) agents answering phones

Try asking your questions here.

Many seasoned O cruisers here know the correct answer better than many (but not all) agents answering phones

Ok....which visas are provided (paid for by me of course) on a Thailand to India route??? Myanmar? Sri Lanka? India (certainly not), Singapore ( not required), Thailand (not required).

Which excursions are eligible under the o-life prepaid excursions?

Can you use onboard credits like under some cruise lines?

What if any, are the deadline for overland excursions in Myanmar.

Like I said, these should be easy just read it off the chart like any good monkey, my problem is that they put me on hold twice before I even asked one of these simple questions and if I’d cruised this line before I would have phrased the question more specifically and then when I tried email , I got a “not my job” response.

As I said and maintain” their initial customer non-service sucks” but I’ll get through it and remember it.

Ok....which visas are provided (paid for by me of course) on a Thailand to India route??? Myanmar? Sri Lanka? India (certainly not), Singapore ( not required), Thailand (not required).

Visa requirements varies by which country passport you will be traveling on and (to obtain them ) sometimes, residency. As visa requirements, and methods to obtain them, can change at any moment I would struggle through and rely on O's information (preferably in writing)

Why the refusal to use your Travel Agent? That person could have gotten the answers for you long ago, and you wouldn’t still be pouting about it.

I disagree with an above poster. This forum is not the best place to come for many of your questions. The best place, by far, is from Oceania, via one’s Travel Agent!

If your attitude toward them is anything like your description of them here (monkeys), and your tone on this board I am unsurprised at the reception you have reported to have received.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

well VISA's depend on your citizenship & is the responsibility of the passenger

here are a few sites to get you started

US Citizens

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country.html

Canadian citizens

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories

British Citizens

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice

Australian citizens

http://smartraveller.gov.au/Countries/Pages/default.aspx

PS if you took the same attitude with the rep that you posted here it is no wonder you were ignored

Why the refusal to use your Travel Agent? That person could have gotten the answers for you long ago, and you wouldn’t still be pouting about it.

I disagree with an above poster. This forum is not the best place to come for many of your questions. The best place, by far, is from Oceania, via one’s Travel Agent!

Are there travel agents for monkeys?