pictures

Big Easy

I realize photographers don't roam the ship like many mass cruise lines do (so glad they don't). But is there maybe one night where a "special" picture is offered. I ask because we will be celebrating our 50th anniversary on a day while onboard.

I realize photographers don't roam the ship like many mass cruise lines do (so glad they don't). But is there maybe one night where a "special" picture is offered. I ask because we will be celebrating our 50th anniversary on a day while onboard.

If it's anything like the river ships, any crew member will be happy to take a photo for you. I don't think there are any professional photographers aboard.

There is no special picture night. At least there wasn't on our Viking Homelands cruise last year. However, I think if you were to talk with the Explorer's Desk right after you board and tell them about your special occasion and desires, they would not quite move heaven and earth to satisfy them but would come darn close. I remember something similar on our first Viking River cruise and the husband made an arrangement with the cruise director to involve all of us in their celebration. And it was joyous. Do give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are no professional photographers on board the ship taking pictures of the passengers and there are no facilities on board for processing the photos and making them available to guests. As CyberKat has said, you can ask always a crew member to shoot a picture for you using your camera but they are not professional photographers and you get what you get.

Manfredi's is a good place to celebrate a birthday or anniversary. The dining room staff has a cute routine that they do that includes using your own camera to take pictures of you--and they bring you a cake as well.

There are no professional photographers on board the ship taking pictures of the passengers and there are no facilities on board for processing the photos and making them available to guests. As CyberKat has said, you can ask always a crew member to shoot a picture for you using your camera but they are not professional photographers and you get what you get.

Manfredi's is a good place to celebrate a birthday or anniversary. The dining room staff has a cute routine that they do that includes using your own camera to take pictures of you--and they bring you a cake as well.

Thanks to you and CharTrav for your comments and suggestions.

I suggest asking a fellow passenger that you observe taking photos on tours and around the ship. I am a good photographer but my friend Bob who was on our cruise is great. He has lots of special lenses, etc, and he would have been thrilled to take a special picture for an anniversary. I would as well, but Bob would have been better... It's a good idea to have a crew member take a photo but if you observe a fellow passenger taking photos with a good camera I would ask them. I bet that they would be thrilled to be asked and would go over and above to help you.

When we want a photo and see another couple with a camera on an excursion I ask if the would mind taking one and say I would be happy to take their photo too. Nobody has ever declined. We have had great photos taken on deck by crew members

When we want a photo and see another couple with a camera on an excursion I ask if the would mind taking one and say I would be happy to take their photo too. Nobody has ever declined. We have had great photos taken on deck by crew members

Thanks Stretch and Bride for your suggestions. We will look for fellow passenger photographers' date=' or at the least have a crew member take a couple of pictures. We do have dinner reservations at Manfredi's for the celebration[/b'].