Help me be creative!

DCLCrazy

Hi all!

This upcoming January, we will have accomplished two things on DCL. Our “grand Slam” of cruising on all four boats AND our first B2B cruise. I have found a magnet to put on our stateroom door celebrating the grand slam. It’s not my favorite idea, a baseball theme, which is Meh. So if anyone else has any other ideas, let them fly!

But, I have not been able to find a magnet celebrating our first B2B cruise on DCL. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could look like? I think someone on Etsy could create it, if I described it enough. :)

Thanks for the ideas in advance!

Hi all!

This upcoming January, we will have accomplished two things on DCL. Our “grand Slam” of cruising on all four boats AND our first B2B cruise. I have found a magnet to put on our stateroom door celebrating the grand slam. It’s not my favorite idea, a baseball theme, which is Meh. So if anyone else has any other ideas, let them fly!

But, I have not been able to find a magnet celebrating our first B2B cruise on DCL. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could look like? I think someone on Etsy could create it, if I described it enough. :)

Thanks for the ideas in advance!

2i11g5j.png

1qirgw.jpg

Oh I like those! Are they licensed or can I print them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, I got the top one (grand slam) from another forum I frequent. A long time ago. At the time it was posted for anyone to use. As long as they aren't selling it or using it to make money.

The bottom one was a generic picture I found online of the Wonder. I just copied part of the ship and flipped it to attach it together for the B2B.

The Grand Slam logo looks perfect, but the "B2B" ship picture looks a little.....weird. :confused:

People might think the Grand Slam is baseball, and you can brag about "all four ships", but you may find yourself defending the picture against other people's creative ideas to figure it out.

I'm more for simpler door-minimalism anyway; it's not your 12-yo. bedroom, after all.

The Grand Slam logo looks perfect, but the "B2B" ship picture looks a little.....weird. :confused:

People might think the Grand Slam is baseball, and you can brag about "all four ships", but you may find yourself defending the picture against other people's creative ideas to figure it out.

I'm more for simpler door-minimalism anyway; it's not your 12-yo. bedroom, after all.

No, it’s my 8 year old’s bedroom door, at least for the next 11 days. I actually really like the B2B concept better than the other one. It’s a cute image.

Please remember that it is a copyright violation to profit from trademarked/copyrighted images. You can basically make anything you want for your own purposes' date=' but another person can't make it and sell it to you and you can't sell it to someone else.[/quote']

I have no intention of profiting off the pictures. It’s just for the door. :)

I understand that you weren't selling them' date=' but you did make a reference about having them made by someone on Etsy.[/quote']

Oh I see what you mean. The people on Etsy are breaking the copyright law. I’m with you now.

Oh I see what you mean. The people on Etsy are breaking the copyright law. I’m with you now.

Yes, technically they would be the ones breaking the law. But, if you supply them with the images, you could get caught up in any legal action, also.

Edited by Shmoo here

Gotcha. But I can print and laminate them myself right?

Absolutely. You can make it and use it for yourself with no problem.

You probably know that there is a lot of copyright infringement on Etsy. So far there haven't been a lot of crack-downs, but that doesn't mean there won't be in the future.