Prayer on the Dream?

TBone2K

Was docked next to Disney Dream at Port Canaveral on November 13 and overheard a prayer being lead over the PA system on the pool deck. Is that something normal or was there a a group or charter perhaps? Didn't see anything specific on the role call.

Was docked next to Disney Dream at Port Canaveral on November 13 and overheard a prayer being lead over the PA system on the pool deck. Is that something normal or was there a a group or charter perhaps? Didn't see anything specific on the role call.

I’ve been on the Dream probably six time and have never heard a prayer over the speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never heard any such thing over the speaker system. There have been times when a group or corporation booked the entire Magic, and I guess they could rather do as they wished, but I'm not aware of anything like that happening on the Dream.

DCL does make space available for a "make your own service" which is sometimes run by an appropriately certified officiant, but these are not over the speakers. For some major holidays of various religions, the line attempts to have an appropriate officiant on board, but again, no loudspeakers.

That cruise was booked by a large group and I believe there was some connection to a religion of some sort. I only know of this as A year ago trying to book and that date was completely blocked out. Was told about the group taking over the ship.

That cruise was booked by a large group and I believe there was some connection to a religion of some sort. I only know of this as A year ago trying to book and that date was completely blocked out. Was told about the group taking over the ship.

Yeah, that totally makes sense. I just wasn't aware that a group had bought out the Dream. Many of us were not too happy when a group bought out the last Med cruise on the Magic a few years ago.