Food on Grandeur

BuddyR

WOW- so many negatives about the Grandeur. So many seem to be snobs(?).

WE cruised to Canada -Sept 2016. We thought the food in the MDR was great and the service could not have been better- we did anytime on 5th deck.

WE also ate at the Windjammer most breakfasts & lunches. WE were cruising just to see the NE & Canada- not a player or dancer so we just enjoyed the shows & alot of "nothing". I used the whirlpool & sauna every morning. We have cruised the bigger ships but prefer the smaller. Have Western Carribbean booked April 2018 on Rhapsody out of Tampa.

We do not go for GLAMOR so I guess that is why we like the smaller.

Will be cruising on the Grandeur this month. This is our third cruise on the Lady G. I didn't know there was a Diamond area of the MDR for breakfast. Where is it located? I remember on the EOS they had a Diamond and above area in the Windjammer.

Upper level of MDR, port side, I believe. There will probably be a notice about it in your cabin.

Menu to me looks interesting. Love to cook and I am very adventurous when it comes to trying new foods. I am thinking that the people who complain about the food are basic meat and potato types. Lots of people will not try new foods. Just my opinion. Thanks for taking the time to post the menus.

WOW- so many negatives about the Grandeur. So many seem to be snobs(?).

WE cruised to Canada -Sept 2016. We thought the food in the MDR was great and the service could not have been better- we did anytime on 5th deck.

WE also ate at the Windjammer most breakfasts & lunches. WE were cruising just to see the NE & Canada- not a player or dancer so we just enjoyed the shows & alot of "nothing". I used the whirlpool & sauna every morning. We have cruised the bigger ships but prefer the smaller. Have Western Carribbean booked April 2018 on Rhapsody out of Tampa.

We do not go for GLAMOR so I guess that is why we like the smaller.

Expecting food to be warm/hot is hardly being snobby. If you check my past cruises you will see we have cruised on GR several times and have never had a food complaint until this last trip. I think you're missing the real points being made here.

As for "glamour" not sure what the heck you mean by that.

I board Saturday and will post the here:

https://getawaysfrom21044.wordpress.com/menus/grandeur17/

Roy

Thank you for posting these menus! I am so excited to go back on the Grandeur in March and to see that they still serve the chilled soups at dinner. With all the talk about the new menus I was afraid they stopped those. We were on the Anthem in Dec and there were no chilled soups any night in the regular dining room...

Will be cruising on the Grandeur this month. This is our third cruise on the Lady G. I didn't know there was a Diamond area of the MDR for breakfast. Where is it located? I remember on the EOS they had a Diamond and above area in the Windjammer.

Bottom floor of MDR right side, signs there, show card and your in. We sat at table for 2, Leah and Austin were great as were asst. maitre des, 12 night cruise, after couple days, remembered everything. Best service in recent years.

• 10 months later...
We haven't sailed on Royal Caribbean in several years (mostly sailing on Celebrity) but have booked the Grandeur for a 12-night cruise for the end of March. Our final payment is coming up in a few days and I am concerned about some of the recent negative reviews about this ship, especially concerning the food which is an important part of cruising for us. I would appreciate any comments that recent Grandeur cruisers could offer concerning food. Also, is this ship using the "new" menus? Thanks!

Laura

The Grandeur has the best Head Waiter that I ever met ,Murat .He is very caring to those of us with special needs.

• 6 months later...

We were on Grandeur in January and thought the MDR food was not good in that it was not hot, pasta was overcooked/gummy and service was somewhat rushed though still friendly and professional.

We never do specialty dining so after 2 nights of dissatisfaction in the MDR, we stuck to the Windjammer and much preferred the variety and laid-back atmosphere there.

I am definitely not a meat and potatoes person as I eat mostly vegetarian when traveling.

I don't enjoy haute cuisine but my husband is adventuresome with food.

Granduer is a great, smaller ship with a wonderful crew but the food was largely unremarkable. Then again, we do not cruise for the food.

Edited by Bookish Angel