Live Grandeur 10/28/17- 12 day Baltimore/S. Caribbean

DaisyL

Checkin was so quick! It took us 15 min to drive here from the hotel and about 45 min until we were on board, including parking, and checkin... Had to wait 15 min until Windjammer opened at 11:15am.

a36f2d319f39530b66d1936e7592476d.jpg5b3ba5fcf4244eee92d04e3d5091a90b.jpg69ee325123bf15bd4b4ddcc5c21c13e1.jpg

My husband and a friend in our group.

da5c95b2aaca49474e21d67db5701ab1.jpg

My husband and I.

It's 1 pm and the rooms are ready... Off to check our Junior suite... Yeah!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can't wait to read your posts! We're doing this 12 day cruise in March. I assume the itinerary is the same although you may have some different ports because of hurricane damage (not sure). Have a great time! Looking forward to your posts.

Enjoy - Enjoy - and Enjoy!

A few years ago we also sailed on the Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore on a 12 day Caribbean Cruise and it was one of our best if not THE best cruise. To this day the Grandeur still holds a special place in our hearts. (as a bonus... ;) .... thanks to 'Ida ', we spent an extra day on board on the way back to Baltimore.)

Thanks all for all the good wishes!

This is our first time on this ship and our 6th cruise with Royal. Love the ship so far. It reminds us of the Majesty. Never been on the super duper Oasis class... One day, but been on the Anthem twice and this is so different.

Sitting in the Schooner Bar having after dinner drinks. We are wiped but had to have a Baily's and DH a B52....soooo good. The piano player is really good, should have a good time this week.

Have 2nd seating for dinner and everything was very good. No complaints at all.

Forgot to take a picture of my Creme Brûlée but it was delicious, as usual.

Didn't take any pix of sailaway not insulting anyone but nothing compares to sailing out of NYC/NJ area. 37e0fde584a7b948f087fac29cc4654c.jpg

Day break returning home from one of our cruises...worth the price and aggravation. We live about 50 miles north of NYC so most of our cruises are out of that area.

8cca271f99472e452be010836d149f19.jpg

The piano player just commented on our drinks... Are those Baily's and supposed to be shots... Oh no, I said, B52s, super sized! He's really good btw... And a young guy for this old crowd. Just what we need. Had to get my brother's hairy leg and tat in the photo. Lol.

RCL swapped out St.Thomas and St. Maarten and substituted Martinique and Barbados. While speaking to the head waiter he was excited to go to Martinique because he's never been there. I mentioned that I wasn't sure because they only speak French and he said he heard that too, and doesn't speak French either. He's from Jamaica and said maybe they wouldn't understand his accent anyway. Very funny guy, easy going, fantastic .... Should be a fun week.

Captain warned us of a rough storm tomorrow. Could be 20 ft. waves...we'll see. Will keep you posted.

Signing off now... The 3 guys just got another B52 but I had to pass. I hope they have enough Baily's for us.

I happened to be driving through Baltimore this afternoon, so I stopped at Fort Armistead Park and watched you sail under the Key Bridge! Checking in to follow your progress through Philippe... could get ... interesting.

Theron