Diamond happy hour (Grandeur)

So I became Diamond a few years ago and I have never taken advantage of the free drinks before dinner (I have gotten a beverage package). I will be on grandeur and I would like to take a drink with me to the dining room for dinner. Can I just go to any bar or do I have to go to the diamond lounge? Is there a bar near the Grandeur dining rooms that is convenient and on the way?

Also, can someone share the drink menu?

Thanks in advance...

So I became Diamond a few years ago and I have never taken advantage of the free drinks before dinner (I have gotten a beverage package). I will be on grandeur and I would like to take a drink with me to the dining room for dinner. Can I just go to any bar or do I have to go to the diamond lounge? Is there a bar near the Grandeur dining rooms that is convenient and on the way?

Also, can someone share the drink menu?

Thanks in advance...

You can go to any bar. They all know what you can and can't order. There's a list at each bar during D and above happy hours. The closest bars to the dining room are the R Bar and the Schooner Bar. I usually just carry one with me from the DL or CL. The DL is not far from the Schooner Bar. Heck, nothing on GR is far from everything else. There are copies of the drink menus on here somewhere. The wine is one brand per type-one pinot grigio, one chardonnay, one type of vodka, rum, limited mixers etc.

Oh! Each bar will have the list available on their bars? Good to know!

I also didn't know you would be able to get 3 drinks. I'll have to figure out with the diamond lounge is too. I have not been in one before.

Many folks just order one for the road in the diamond lounge and take it with them to the MDR(I believe this is frowned upon on some ships but have never seen this enforced on the Grandeur), There also is a bar just outside the MDR 4th flr in the centrum area where you can order a drink and carry it into the MDR, which is usually what I do.

I was on the Grandeur in June and I ordered a drink when I got to the table in the MDR. I asked the waiter if I could order a drink towards my D happy hour and he said yes, no problem. Have a great cruise. Wonderful ship!!

cool. We have traditional dining so I'm not sure if we are deck 3 or 4 for dining or if they mix everyone together. I'll grab a drink on the way into the dining room. Glad it doesn't seem to be a problem. Thanks again everyone!

cool. We have traditional dining so I'm not sure if we are deck 3 or 4 for dining or if they mix everyone together. I'll grab a drink on the way into the dining room. Glad it doesn't seem to be a problem. Thanks again everyone!

Traditional is deck 4 mtd is deck 5.

Off-subject - forgive me.

When we were on Grandeur over the 4th of July they had a Diamond area for breakfast on deck 4 MDR. I hadn't seen one of those in years (the entrance was on the port side of the deck 4 MDR. The normal entrance was on the starboard side). It was so nice to see it back again. They had a set of identical twins from India (Yogi and Boo-Boo) who were absolutely adorable. So sweet and funny. Breakfast was a true pleasure for that entire cruise.

I believe the policy has now been changed to include MDR as well as specialty restaurants for happy hour drinks. At least it was for us on the Oasis in April. When we dined in 150 CP, they didn't even charge our cards. Just kept refilling our wine glasses :D

When we were on Grandeur over the 4th of July they had a Diamond area for breakfast on deck 4 MDR. I hadn't seen one of those in years (the entrance was on the port side of the deck 4 MDR. The normal entrance was on the starboard side). It was so nice to see it back again. They had a set of identical twins from India (Yogi and Boo-Boo) who were absolutely adorable. So sweet and funny. Breakfast was a true pleasure for that entire cruise.

Yes, they always have the D breakfast area on GR, except on the last morning.

Also, we always do late dining so can't order in the MDR as Happy Hour ends when late dining starts so as I said above, I just grab one to take into dinner.

I believe the policy has now been changed to include MDR as well as specialty restaurants for happy hour drinks. At least it was for us on the Oasis in April. :D

Varies by ship - on some ships this is still not true.

f17267a467e8050f4a2d6934aee1687b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks ... is that current? We leave for Charm City (Baltimore) tomorrow and Grandeur for a swing out to Bermuda.

While in the DL you can have as many drinks as you want. They don't count with the 3 drinks available at the bars.

We will have our three drinks at a bar each ... mango margaritas, wine, probably a beer or champagne. We are not cruisers who start drinking when we wake up. We are doing an inside cabin this trip so we will be out and about watching the Atlantic flow by — with no kids or grandsons.

Thanks for that information. Good to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums