Butterfly farm and Maho in one day

cfwallen

Will be in St. Martin on Epic soon. Will it be possible to get a cab to the butterfly farm, then to Maho Beach and then back to port? We are in port 8:00-6:00 with 2 other ships in port that day. About how much will taxis cost for a round trip like this? Is there enough time to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Carol

Will be in St. Martin on Epic soon. Will it be possible to get a cab to the butterfly farm, then to Maho Beach and then back to port? We are in port 8:00-6:00 with 2 other ships in port that day. About how much will taxis cost for a round trip like this? Is there enough time to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Carol

The Butterfly farm and Le Galion are a great combination and you will cut down on cab fare as you can walk from one to the other in less than 5 minutes. Le Galion is pretty protected so it should be in pretty good shape even if Maho isn't.

• 5 years later...

I can't speak to the butterfly farm - I have seen the posts Warrenhull is referring to and I assumed it was destroyed as well, but a google search does not confirm that - and even shows a site that seems like it is still active, so that is confusing.

However, I can confirm that Maho is still a very viable and popular option for seeing the planes. There are not as many big planes as pre-hurricane from the US and Europe, but they do still land and it is spectacular to see them. Generally it is in the early afternoons for landing and a few hours later for take off. The beach was never a fabulous "beach day" beach and that is still true. But, if your goal is to see planes, then keep Maho in your plans. It really is a once in a lifetime thing.