Pirates of the Caribbean Sail and Snorkel?

mDag

Just noticed a new excursion through Carnival for Pirates of the Caribbean Sail, Snorkel, and Beach. It's hard to tell from the description where exactly it goes, but I thought my kids might get a kick out of going on a "pirate ship." Has anyone done this excursion?

I was researching it a bit more and I found this on the Disney Cruise Site:

Explore the Magnificent Waters of the Caribbean

Go snorkeling in crystal clear Caribbean waters to discover a coral reef teeming with marine life.

On this adventure you will:

• Board the Doubloon pirate schooner or exciting catamaran for an approximately 50-minute motor-sail to Turtle Cove off the coast of Buck Island. After anchoring at this deserted cove, your crew will provide you with snorkel gear and instructions.
  • Spend approximately 90-minutes snorkeling among fantastic coral formations, incredible tropical fish and the occasional curious sea turtles. Your experienced and knowledgeable guides will help make this a fascinating and unforgettable Caribbean adventure.
  • Enjoy a relaxing 3-mile sail back to St. Thomas.

The only problem that I have with this is that I also want beach time at St. Thomas - I believe my ship is there for 8 hours, I just have to figure out how to have lunch and then go to the beach for the remaining time.

Same here! None of the St. Thomas excursions are really grabbing me, which is annoying because my husband insists we stick to ship excusions. I'd hate to end up making this a "stay on the ship" day because I haven't done the eastern itinerary since I was in high school!

We agree, none of the excursions are grabbing our attention either. We were thinking it would be a day of wandering around the Havensight port & Paradise Point air tram, then back to ship to enjoy while most of the others are ashore. Hubby isn’t overly keen on leaving the ship to get on a boat for an excursion, but the land excursions aren’t getting good reviews and in October we are in Mexico for a beach vacation with family....so the thought of a beach day in St. Thomas isn’t a big thing to him.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...