Mr. Pimentel MIA?

ChucktownSteve

"We are pleased to welcome Larry Pimentel, President and CEO Azamara Club Cruises to Cruise Critic. Larry will be here intermittently through Nov. 7th to answer your questions about Azamara Pursuit, or anything at all! This is the place to ask."

Does anyone know when Mr. Pimentel will be responding to his questions? Or are they listed someplace I'm not finding?

I sure hope nothing bad has happened to prevent him from showing up at CC.

Very funny

Well he is alive. I got two emails from Azamara overnight - one from Larry telling me in its title Special Announcement which was nothing special it told me Pursuits existed and it was going to be very exciting blah blah blah but nothing special or new. Then I got an email from someone with a Hispanic sounding name so I assume he is in Guatemala introducing themselves and requesting I use them if I have any queries or future booking needs and wouldn’t I like to book Pursuits.

I won’t be responding if I did it would be no I will use my existing routes to information that are probably far more reliable and look at my booking history rather than annoy me re Pursuits given the amount of bookings now made on that vessel. I can’t be bothered getting angry but I won’t be showing my husband that email as he would rightly hit the roof. Azamara just keep getting it wrong wrong wrong at non UK head office level. It’s becoming a joke at best and a disaster at worst.

And why create a promise of when CEO replies will be coming and not keep us updated. If the CEO is indeed MIA or delayed/chartered/got noro someone if it’s beyond the remit of the Chief Blogger should

post a holding response

I know how much Larry values this community, your passion and your ideas. And I do know he's super busy these days so I haven't been pestering him about the timeline.

On that note, I do regret I posted that I expected responses starting last week. In reality it is hard to know what a president's to-do list will look like in advance! Forgive me if I set false expectations.

P.s. I too chuckled at the comment that perhaps Larry had been chartered :D

Very funny

Well he is alive. I got two emails from Azamara overnight - one from Larry telling me in its title Special Announcement which was nothing special it told me Pursuits existed and it was going to be very exciting blah blah blah but nothing special or new. Then I got an email from someone with a Hispanic sounding name so I assume he is in Guatemala introducing themselves and requesting I use them if I have any queries or future booking needs and wouldn’t I like to book Pursuits.

I had the exact same reaction to Larry’s email. There was nothing special in this “special announcement” except that it was personalized (and therefore very likely only went to the top loyalty tier(s)).

I wish I'd get emails again. I've signed up repeatedly online, requested paper versions of brochures by mail and also called LCV (who told me to sign myself up online even after I told him I'd tried several times without luck) who eventually after a strong request supposedly signed me up again but no luck...no emails...no news.

Maybe they're trying to tell me they don't want my business but luckily I had a friend who convinced me to try Azamara.

I wish I'd get emails again. I've signed up repeatedly online, requested paper versions of brochures by mail and also called LCV (who told me to sign myself up online even after I told him I'd tried several times without luck) who eventually after a strong request supposedly signed me up again but no luck...no emails...no news.

Maybe they're trying to tell me they don't want my business but luckily I had a friend who convinced me to try Azamara.

I know this is exceptionally frustrating!

I posted earlier that an agent at the LCV office signed me up again and, indeed, for the present I am receiving emails.

I’m sorry that that approach has not worked for you, as I agree with your assessment that signing up online is futile.

If my memory is correct, some time ago our LCV Ambassador, Nicole Lukacs, attempted to directly address the problem as it was occurring then and there was an improvement in service.

Perhaps Bonnie can communicate these concerns to Nicole.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My first and last Azamara was to Antarctica and we loved so very much about it, but too many little things made it fall short of our expectations.

Now we have a Feb. of '19 booked to Cuba and I'm excited about it already.

Would you believe I don't even know if I'm getting Azamara emails, or not! I get so much, and delete most of it without looking. Do the emails come on a regular basis, once one has managed to convince the office to add one's email address?

My first and last Azamara was to Antarctica and we loved so very much about it, but too many little things made it fall short of our expectations.

Now we have a Feb. of '19 booked to Cuba and I'm excited about it already.

Would you believe I don't even know if I'm getting Azamara emails, or not! I get so much, and delete most of it without looking. Do the emails come on a regular basis, once one has managed to convince the office to add one's email address?

Great that your anticipation is building.

I smile and nod in agreement concerning the rather tiresome flood of emails that I delete every day from any number of cruise companies.

I must reconsider. Perhaps I only want Azamara messages because they seem to be forbidden. :)