Vintage Carnival Ship Placemats

treasurespast

I did not realize those were actually placemats. I remember receiving one on our honeymoon/first cruise on Festivale and we still have it. I'm pretty sure it was left in our cabin toward the end of the cruise (either next to last night or last night) and I just thought it was a nice watercolor print souvenir. We were also given one in the main dining room, toward the end of our cruise, while on Miracle in March 2006 and still have it. By the time we went on Glory, our 3rd Carnival cruise, in 2010, Carnival was no longer giving these out. I purchased one for Glory and then one for Valor (4th Carnival cruise) on Ebay for a reasonable price. I've been looking for one for Liberty (5th & 6th Carnival cruises), but have never seen one. Do you have any idea when Carnival stopped doing this? I know Liberty was new in 2005, so these may not even exist for Liberty. I have been checking Ebay for Liberty since 2014 and have never seen one listed.

My wife and I were on the Liberty reposition cruise, Rome to Miami, in 2005. Although we do have several water color prints from older Carnival ships, we do not have one from the Liberty. Therefore, either the prints were not given out or we somehow lost it.

I think the prints were called placemats but were not used in that manner. They were handed out after dinner by the waiters. We usually had ours signed by our waiters and mater'd.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My wife and I were on the Liberty reposition cruise, Rome to Miami, in 2005. Although we do have several water color prints from older Carnival ships, we do not have one from the Liberty. Therefore, either the prints were not given out or we somehow lost it.

I think the prints were called placemats but were not used in that manner. They were handed out after dinner by the waiters. We usually had ours signed by our waiters and mater'd.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you. I was thinking they may have stopped making those before Liberty and that the ones we received in the MDR on Miracle may have been what was left. I'm just happy to have the ones we have, especially Festivale. And thank you for the answer on whether they were used as placemats or not. I actually went back and looked at our honeymoon pictures (Festivale) from the dining room and my memory was correct in that they were not on the tables in the MDR, just table cloths and the plates/glasses/silverware. I didn't remember seeing them on Lido either.