Verizon TravelPass vs. Windsurf onboard internet

mgirvin

Verizon TravelPass does not offer data on the ship (only Voice) but I'm wondering if it would work for data off the island towers when Windsurf is anchored at the islands in the Caribbean (BVI & Lesser Antilles). Does anyone have any experience with this?

Windsurf Internet is $35/day vs. TravelPass $10/day

Searched through 492 posts referring to Verizon and couldn't find an answer and Google just sent me through a rabbit hole:) :)

Any help is appreciated.

DH and I have Verizon TravelPass on both our phones, and neither of us has ever been able to get a usable signal in the Caribbean. Only in Puerto Rico and St. Thomas have we been able to get spotty data, not good enough to rely on. Voice was OK in PR and the USVI, not elsewhere in my experience.

• 3 weeks later...

I use AT&T unlimited voice, internet and text for $10 / 24 hours. I don't use it everyday. Not good at sea. Windstar wifi is not great. It is slow. On my last cruise, when I went to buy wifi from guest relations, the crew suggested that I not buy it. They told me where in each port to find good wifi. Just follow the crew. They also know where to find great food and drink.

We have a regular Sprint package which costs us $38 each per month and we get unlimited free 2g internet and texts more or less anywhere on land in the world

Voice calls are 20c minute most places.

When it doesn't work in the Caribbean is particularly when there are a number of huge cruise ships in port with us - and so many passengers trying to piggyback onto the inadequate local phone service -