Can I take a snorkel and mask from the ship onshore to the beach?

susiesan

We will be sailing on Star Pride from San Juan Dec. 1. The cruise visits a lot of small islands where I plan to take a cab to the beach for the day. Can we borrow the masks and snorkels from the ship to take onshore with us or do we need to pack and bring our own? I know we can use the ship's snorkel equipment while swimming off the back of the ship and at the beach party. I am hoping a mask and snorkel are two less things I need to pack and bring with me.

Short answer - yes, you can take them with you.

Longer answer - I prefer my own mask & snorkel, so I pack them. I put things in the mask and around it - doesn't weigh much and doesn't take up much room. I then check out snorkel fins from the ship, I'm not as picky about fins and they can take up a lot of room and weight.

Susie...I always bring my own stuff for the comfort, and I don't have to waste valuable snorkel time constantly adjusting my mask. It feels more hygienic that way too. You can buy the short kind of travel fins and stuff the footbeds and the mask with odds and ends. If you plan on snorkeling more than a time or two it might be a consideration. You can get a decent mask, snorkel and fins for under $75. Have fun whatever you do.