"La Casa en La Playa" Carnival Excursion

RjayB

Has anyone been on "La Casa en La Playa" excursion? There are only a few reviews on Carnival, most are good with a couple not good.

Any first-hand information would be appreciated! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I actually just returned from the June 25th Magic cruise and we did this excursion.

I had originally booked the Lifestyles Serenity VIP excursion and was really looking forward to it. Then for whatever reason, the excursion was canceled for some sailings in April or May. Once people started getting to go back to Lifestyle, the reviews were bad. That is when I decided to switch to La Playa.

I am really glad I switched.

You meet just inside the port area and wait for everyone that is going on the excursion. Then they put you on a bus and drive you to the private beach house. The bus ride is about 20 minutes and was not "off road" like the description. It is on unpaved roads and there are a few bumps, but the driver takes it slow so I did not see any issues with that. "Mama" points out things of interest on the ride to the beach house.

When you arrive "Mama" explains everything to you. Basically, there are beach chairs and umbrellas, some in the shade of a tree and some not along with about 4 hammocks in the sun. There is a walk up bar and then some equipment if you want to snorkel or kayak. They have a couple of guys that will go out with you or help you with the snorkeling and kayaking. They have a waiter to bring you drinks, but I found it faster and easier to go to the bar myself. The drinks were strong and unlimited. There were 3 of us and we all thought the drinks were good. They have a person who cooks lunch right there at the beach house and Mama lets everyone know when lunch is ready. It was served buffet style and included grilled pineapple, salad, potatoes, chicken, beef, fish. We all thought the food was really good. The beach house had bathrooms and showers along with a couple of rooms with TVs in case you wanted to go in and cool down or had kids.

I really liked that there were only about 50 people total on this excursion. (Maybe less) It was not crowded and was very relaxing. Mama is very friendly and makes sure you are having fun.

All food and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) are included in the price. There is a hut to get a massage or your hair braided. Those are the only 2 things not included in the price.

The excursion was a little pricey, but I really wanted one day of relaxation to sit on the beach, drink, and read a book. That is what I got so I have no complaints.

I posted a few pictures below of what it looks like.

100_6826.jpg.3fde184e170ee31222588d200bd571bd.jpg

100_6825.jpg.4be17ea63616c02d8b0823a9fc6ab9b3.jpg

100_6841.jpg.4743760c14ac5e8aee326c1c9e5c0010.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This was a great excursion! We were there on 9/14/16 and I counted 28 people total. The drinks and food were plentiful and really good!

Mama has her people trained very well! A couple of the guys act as lifeguards as well as water guides, and the wait/bar staff will do anything you ask.

The only thing I didn't like is that this is not a good snorkeling spot. There is quite a bit of sea grass and the water stays very shallow. However, I did see some fish, and a lot of sea urchins.

I highly recommend this excursion if you are wanting an all-inclusive experience on a private beach!

• 2 weeks later...

La Casa en La Playa- I am on the Vista leaving 1/28/17 and I don't see this excursion posted yet. We have done the Sanoa Island beach break in the past and are looking for something else to do in January. I see the ALL INCLUSIVE BAYAHIBE BEACH RESORT, that is $101.00. The pictures make it look like a different beach, but also an all inclusive resort.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just did this one 5/7/18 in Amber Cove. Not crowded, small house with 2 sitting areas with tv. I only saw one on with children's programming. I think there was only one child there. I feel this was more of an adult retreat - not much for a child to do in terms of water toys. They had kayaks, plenty of lounge chairs and a few hammocks. Lunch buffet was tasty & served on a covered patio or you could take it back to your lounger or inside the house. Plenty of adult beverages as well as sodas. I didn't go into the water - it was a bit chilly for me & a pretty windy day. My friend & I walked down the beach a ways in both directions - no other resorts around. Gelen (mama) was a great hostess - very sweet & personable.

P.S. there was no wifi, if that is important to you. We had hoped to wish our daughter happy birthday, but had to wait til we returned.

Following with interest. We did the "Secluded Villa" excursion two years ago which was through Lifestyles Resorts and we enjoyed it greatly, but this one appears to be its successor if their arrangement with Lifestyles has been dropped. It sounds very similar except that instead of a villa with a pool and a "nearby" beach, this one is actually held at a house on a beach. Distance from the port (20 minutes) sounds comparable also.

• 1 month later...

We did this in May and have to say we were really disappointed. Mama was super nice and friendly and a great story teller on the way to the house. That's where the good part ended. The house looks nothing like the photos, not very clean, lock on the Ladies Room door was broken. Ants were all over the shower stall and walls. The "drinks" were only a select few and the liquor was quite obviously watered down. The "food", well we were standing out in the water when someone came and said Lunch was ready. Then added no hurry there is plenty. 15 minutes later when we went up, there was barely anything left. Some wilty salad that had been setting out, some dried chicken on the grill. Fish gone, steak kabobs gone and no offer to cook more. The worst was the rusty nails they were using to hold the umbrellas in the stands. It was a bit gusty that day and rusty nails and umbrellas started flying around. They had to take them and put them all away. I tried to post my review on CC Website and they sent me an email saying it didn't meet their standards??? What I can't be honest? When I asked what didn't meet their standards they told me to take it up with Guest Relations. I didn't want my money back I just wanted to give my review.