Celebrity's Next Big Move???????

2SeaAll

I could see a situation where they would include the gratuities and the premium non alcoholic package in the price.

Including the alcohol might price too many people from their cruises. I find that their prices are near the top of my price point for cruises. The 123Go package makes it more affordable to cruise with them.

I will say though after our first cruise with them a couple of weeks ago, I don't think I'll be sailing with anyone else soon. Free beverage package or not.

I think another thing they could do as well is make a little tweak to the Captains Club and reward people for days at sea in a calender year(eg. a 20% bonus for each day after 30 days of sailing)

I think another thing they could do as well is make a little tweak to the Captains Club and reward people for days at sea in a calender year(eg. a 20% bonus for each day after 30 days of sailing)

I can't see that happening but if they did, I would be in line for some bonus points.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

I for one would not be in favour of the all inclusive route as ultimately this would increase prices.

For me a travel as I solo most of the time and the prices are high enough once you take into account the single supplement. This would probably price me out of Celebrity and I would have to look at another cruise line.

It will be interesting to see what Celebrity come up with and I will be waiting on tender hooks to find out.

Based on the demand cruise lines are experiencing in our part of the world they could send us a newer ship to replace The Century and a Sydney to Singapore and Singapore to HK cruise on a more regular basis

If you had written that 2 years ago, I would have agreed, but since then you have had Silhouette!

How new do you want!!

Also the Solstice, older than the silhouette but newer than the century.:D

I don't think that anyone has spotted Silhouette in Australia or Asia.

Solstice made the transit through the Suez in fall of 2012 to Australia and Alaska.

Millennium is over there however for the Asian cruises and Alaska.

Shareholder benefit:confused: spin off from RCCL to a stand alone Company again, much like Darden Restaurant Group is doing with Red Lobster to 'give the shareholders better return'.

The bulk of the shares are owned by Institutions that care less about what goes on, on Ship. To them shareholder benefits = R.O.I. ie: Profit!

They will hire a computer expert that will oversee a department to run and maintain their website and make it state of the art.

Along with this they will also improve intra company communications with all employees so they all have the latest information and can give real honest reliable information to the customers.

They will also automatically adjust reservations if there was a reduction in price and pass on any promotions.

Allow the employees and staff to enforce policies and rules and to actually enforce them.

.💨🍻🍸

They will hire a computer expert that will oversee a department to run and maintain their website and make it state of the art.

Along with this they will also improve intra company communications with all employees so they all have the latest information and can give real honest reliable information to the customers.

They will also automatically adjust reservations if there was a reduction in price and pass on any promotions.

Allow the employees and staff to enforce policies and rules and to actually enforce them.

Dat right der is the funniest thing I've heard in years!!!! :D:D:D

I have friends who do river cruises and nothing else. I might try it, but they are so much more expensive. I don't know if I would like such a small ship with not as many activities. I don't really want to cruise on a super-megaship like they are building now. DH and I started cruising on RCCL's Explorer of the Seas (Voyager class) and I think that's as big as I would want to go. I've done 11 Celebrity cruises with the 12th coming up on Silhouette Jan. 26th. I didn't realize, until I looked at the S-Class info that, although it's a recent build, it's still a lot smaller than Explorer. It's probably too much to hope that if Celebrity starts doing river cruises, they will be less expensive, lol.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib. 1/03 Explorer W. Carib. 8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib. 2/05 Galaxy PC + 4 other western ports

6/06 Jewel OS Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords 1/07 Mercury Mex. Riv. 1/08 Mercury Aust./NZ

1/09 Galaxy S. Carib. 6/09 Summit Classical Med. 1/11 Summit S. Carib.

6/11 Constellation Scand/Russia 1/12 Summit S. Carib. 8/12 Millenium Alaska Cruise/tour

2/13 Summit S. Carib. 1/14 Silhouette W. Carib.

Shareholder benefit:confused: spin off from RCCL to a stand alone Company again, much like Darden Restaurant Group is doing with Red Lobster to 'give the shareholders better return'.

The bulk of the shares are owned by Institutions that care less about what goes on, on Ship. To them shareholder benefits = R.O.I. ie: Profit!

I can't see any affiliation to a River Cruise company that would benefit Celebrity Cruisers AND shareholders.

I could see a link up with a hotel chain for pre- and post- cruise stays.

The split to a stand alone company might make some happy but would that then not attract another cruise company to make a takeover bid.. :eek:

Perhaps a split into two companies consisting of M-Class and S-class branches.

Speculation is so much fun when no one has given a real hint of what could possibly be attractive to BOTH cruisers and shareholders; two teams at the opposite end of a rope in any tug of war.

.💨🍻🍸

I wish they would do all of these things.:D