Shuttle at Puerta Maya

cruisefreaks

Do you know if there are shuttles on the pier at Cozumel? I have a hard time walking and need those little shuttle carts to get up to the terminal.

Has anyone noticed if they offer this??

Thanks!

Edited by cruisefreaks

Do you know if there are shuttles on the pier at Cozumel? I have a hard time walking and need those little shuttle carts to get up to the terminal.

Has anyone noticed if they offer this??

Thanks!

I have read about, and seen photos of, pedicabs (bike taxis) at Puerta Maya and Punta Langosta piers in Cozumel but I guess I am not very observant because I don't recall ever seeing them at International Pier.

Perhaps if you state which pier you will be at, someone will have a definate answer.

I too have seen them at Puerta Maya, but I'm not sure if they are guaranteed to be there. I've also seen golf cart type of things, so if you disembark, ask one of the ship crew that is there to assist to get something to take you down the pier.

I have read about, and seen photos of, pedicabs (bike taxis) at Puerta Maya and Punta Langosta piers in Cozumel but I guess I am not very observant because I don't recall ever seeing them at International Pier.

Perhaps if you state which pier you will be at, someone will have a definate answer.

:o sorry I guess you did say which pier!

Thanks for your help.

I remember that a few years ago, Costa Maya had a shuttle cart that took us to and from the ship so I will keep my fingers crossed that Cozumel does as well.

:D

No, there is no shuttle train like in Costa Maya. It's pedi-cabs or possible golf carts. You'll have to tip (for sure) and possibly pay for these.

Thanks for the info. Do you remember if the pedi-cabs were near the ship or up by the terminal.

:)

When the ship is disembarking, they are at the ship. They are then usually at the end of the pier for anyone willing to pay for a ride back out to the ship.

• 1 month later...
How much are the pedicabs out to the ship from Puerta Maya?

Don't know, never used them. It's not that long of a walk, but if you have mobility issues you might want to use one. I can't think they'd be more than a couple of bucks....or just a nice tip.

• 4 months later...

Bumping this old thread, anyone know of pedicabs are on the international pier? I am more than happy to tip. Do they cost anything or just by tip? Would ten bucks be a reasonable tip?

I am just fat and lazy, so I will walk...it might do me some good, but my wife has mobility issues so that long of a walk could put her down for the day. I would gladly put her in one of those.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Bumping this old thread, anyone know of pedicabs are on the international pier? I am more than happy to tip. Do they cost anything or just by tip? Would ten bucks be a reasonable tip?

I am just fat and lazy, so I will walk...it might do me some good, but my wife has mobility issues so that long of a walk could put her down for the day. I would gladly put her in one of those.

Thanks!

Yes, if there's a ship in port, they will be there making a buck anyway they can. $10 is a very fair and reasonable tip.