Century Sky Suites

karenam

Do the Century Sky Suites on the Sport's Deck have the large balconies? It is hard to tell. We have cabin 1205, I upgraded from a CC and hope it is worth it.

Don't know about your room, but we are on the same deck in room 1242 on the end and was told it is larger than the norm. But don't know if all in the aft are larger.

1205 does have a larger balcony. There are some pictures of like cabin 1208 on pages 3 and 4 in the picture link in my signature.

Just to clarify 1242 is a Sunset Verandah not a Sky Suite. It's a strange cabin with an odd position for the balcony because if you are sitting out at the Sunset Bar you can look straight up at it. There's a picture of it on page 3 too. It is bigger than normal, but an odd shape.

Phil

I was in SS1204 and the balcony is very large. It had 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs, a small table and a tabe the size of a card table(great for eatng breakfast-3 of us ate there with lots of room). And there was still tons of room left. I loved the SS. It will be so hard to cruise without Victor, my butler. :lol

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Do Sky Suites on Deck 12 have walk-in closets? We are booked on the Century for 10/2/11 15 nights San Diego to Hawaii and back and we are in 2 Sky Suites, 1204 and 1206. Can someone tell me the bed location in both rooms? As you stand at the entrance door are they left or right?

Thanks,

Bob

Celebritys website shows & states S2 balconies are smaller than S1s on the Sports Deck but CCers have kindly set me straight that that is incorrect..

Wld very much appreciate it if someone wld post a picture of the balcony of a Century Penthouse Deck S2 suite.

Thanks so very much in advance. :)

Edited by cruisecrasy

Celebritys website shows & states S2 balconies are smaller than S1s on the Sports Deck but CCers have kindly set me straight that that is incorrect..

Wld very much appreciate it if someone wld post a picture of the balcony of a Century Penthouse Deck S2 suite.

Thanks so very much in advance. :)

Here you go:

2508066600054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

Phil

Here you go:

2508066600054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

Phil[/quote

Good size and lots of chairs/loungers & the table is certainly big enough for a full dinner service....

Very nice of you to post this picture of the S2 balcony for me - I am most grateful..

May u always enjoy great cruisin'! :)

Edited by cruisecrasy

• 8 months later...

We just finished our 18 nights cruise from Honolulu to Sydney and found the Celebrity Century to be an elegant ship. More that 50% of the passengers were from Australia. We had a Sky Suite on the Sports deck, which we found to be excellent especially the balcony, which is incredibly spacious!

We didn't like the Grand Restaurant, which we found to be noisy and hot. We had changed our seating three times but couldn't be comfortable with the configuration of the restaurant. Fortunately we had a suite in which we had the majority of our breakfasts and dinners served in our room, which was perfect!

The only negative comment I could make is how slow the bar staff are with service and the fact that gratuity was automatically added regardless of whether the service was good or not.

I definitely recommend the Celebrity Century. She is clean with constant maintenance happening.

While in Australian waters it would help if Celebrity added Australian content to the food menu. I often found the food to be very reach with creamy sauces or cheese, which doesn't help if you are lactose intolerant.

The Murano restaurant is excellent and I strongly recommend a visit for dinner. The food is very rich but well worth the experience.:)

• 3 weeks later...
1205 does have a larger balcony. There are some pictures of like cabin 1208 on pages 3 and 4 in the picture link in my signature.

Just to clarify 1242 is a Sunset Verandah not a Sky Suite. It's a strange cabin with an odd position for the balcony because if you are sitting out at the Sunset Bar you can look straight up at it. There's a picture of it on page 3 too. It is bigger than normal, but an odd shape.

Phil

Sorry, but could you tell me how to get to your pictures? I am interested in knowing the difference between a Sky1 cabin and a Sky2 other than their locations.

Jenny

Sorry, but could you tell me how to get to your pictures? I am interested in knowing the difference between a Sky1 cabin and a Sky2 other than their locations.

Jenny

I found your pictures.... I see you have pictures of Sky Suites on both deck 12 (a Sky1Suite) and deck 10 (a Sky2 suite). I believe it was noted that the balcony on the Sky suite on deck 12 was supposedly larger than the one on deck 10 but to me it looks like the Sky2 Suite on deck 10 has a larger balcony and a larger cabin than the one on 12. Is this true?

I found your pictures.... I see you have pictures of Sky Suites on both deck 12 (a Sky1Suite) and deck 10 (a Sky2 suite). I believe it was noted that the balcony on the Sky suite on deck 12 was supposedly larger than the one on deck 10 but to me it looks like the Sky2 Suite on deck 10 has a larger balcony and a larger cabin than the one on 12. Is this true?

Jenny, the cabins on each deck are the same size and the balconies on 10 are now pretty much the same as those large ones on 12 (from 1204/1205 backwards).

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Thanks Phil!

Wonder why the price difference. Are the ones on deck 12 noisier? I was told there are not deck chairs over them, just a walkway.

On the Mercury, right before she was sold, we had a sky suite on 10. I felt the cabin was adequate but not as large as the suites on HAL and the balcony was fine but did not appear as deep as the one shown in your Century deck 10 pictures. Was there a refitting done?

We basically just want a Sky suite on a deck close to the lido so we can get coffee and iced tea easily. We do not work well with butlers..... we are not used to being waited on and found their service was mainly rote...same thing at the same time daily.

Thanks Phil!

Wonder why the price difference. Are the ones on deck 12 noisier? I was told there are not deck chairs over them, just a walkway.

On the Mercury, right before she was sold, we had a sky suite on 10. I felt the cabin was adequate but not as large as the suites on HAL and the balcony was fine but did not appear as deep as the one shown in your Century deck 10 pictures. Was there a refitting done?

We basically just want a Sky suite on a deck close to the lido so we can get coffee and iced tea easily. We do not work well with butlers..... we are not used to being waited on and found their service was mainly rote...same thing at the same time daily.

I have spent six weeks ... three two week cruises each ... in a Century sky suite on the sports deck. I guess I like them. (And we have one reserved for Hawaii on March 23rd.) The walking deck is right upstairs, which is perfect, the buffet is right downstairs one flight which is also perfect. If you are on the penthouse deck, you go up one flight to the buffet and the pool deck. Also good. The cabins and balconies are the same size but the deck ten balconies are fully covered ( by the buffet and pool above) and the deck twelve ... sports deck ... balconies are half covered. The balconies are so large you can move your lounge chair or dining table under the covered area for more privacy or out to the open area for more sun. Above your head is the walking track set in ... where your veranda is covered ... and basically no problem. Except in the far back of the ship, no one puts deck chairs over your head and it is pretty much quiet from above. Occasionally you hear walkers talking or even someone stopping to look out to sea but it is random and not frequent and I see it as no problem at all. What makes the sky suite lovely is the ample, comfortable cabin, the super large veranda which truly turns your cabin into a suite by its addition AND the butler, who offers a hundred kindnesses a day if needed. We love having a kind, professional, capable person to help with anything ... appointments, lost sea pass cards, anything that would require standing in line down at guest relations, lattes delivered to the cabin in the morning ... or any other time of day for that matter ... dinners served inside the cabin or out on the veranda when you just don't want to move because the light is so nice and dressing is a hassle. The meal is like the MDR, course by course, and the butler disappears in between and returns with a new course and to remove old plates. Fantastic upon occasion to do this. Afternoon tea, with all your preferences duly noted and never forgotten, etc. etc. Fabulous service on the Century in general and the butlers only add the icing on the cake. I personally can't wait for Hawaii and 13 nights of this pampering.

Hope this helps.

Fern

Fern. Thanks for your imput. It sounds lovely.

I am really glad to hear about your experience with your butler. I guess we just had a not so wonderful experience with ours...were told not to call for service between 2 and 4 as he would be off duty, no substitutes on fruit or canapes etc.

We have booked cabin 1231 which I hope is far enough away from the ping pong tables. I am also hoping that if it is raining there is a covered walkway on our deck to the bow of the ship....isn't that where the observation lounge is?

I think we would probably prefer the Penthouse deck but cannot see paying so much more if the cabins and balconies are the same size.

Jenny

Edited by puli
wrong word used

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Fern

Just came across this thread and found your very informative description. We're also sailing on March 23 in a Sky S1 in just over 10 weeks time. Thanks for your trouble.

We upgraded recently from a CC (which we usually book) after our TA told us of an offer we couldn't refuse! Our first time in a Sky Suite. It will probably spoil us for future cruises. Our first cruise way back was an outside cabin, then we decided to have a balcony for our next cruise. That did it - there was no going back.

It all sounds great and we're now getting impatient to board.

Incidentally, there is a Roll Call specifically for Century 23 March which you may like to take a look at.

Rita

Edited by factor30

Hi Fern

Just came across this thread and found your very informative description. We're also sailing on March 23 in a Sky S1 in just over 10 weeks time. Thanks for your trouble.

We upgraded recently from a CC (which we usually book) after our TA told us of an offer we couldn't refuse! Our first time in a Sky Suite. It will probably spoil us for future cruises. Our first cruise way back was an outside cabin, then we decided to have a balcony for our next cruise. That did it - there was no going back.

It all sounds great and we're now getting impatient to board.

Incidentally, there is a Roll Call specifically for Century 23 March which you may like to take a look at.

Rita

Hi, Rita,

Sad to say ... the Hawaii cruise now being my fourth sky suite S1 on the Century ... going back to anything with less room, and a less than stellar balcony/veranda, feels very hard. We almost booked a good deal on an Azamara transatlantic but the cabin looked so small and the balcony so tiny and the bathroom so minuscule ... we just couldn't do it, elegant as it promised to be.

Remember when you first get into your cabin, ask your butler for cushions for the lounge chairs. They will bring them in happily and it is a good addition. We are in cabin 1208 (we have been in 1210, 1209, and 1237 in the past). Where are you? You will find these cabins so incredibly convenient to the walking deck, pool, and buffet right below. I can't wait until March 23rd. It's like going home.

Fern

Hi, Rita,

Sad to say ... the Hawaii cruise now being my fourth sky suite S1 on the Century ... going back to anything with less room, and a less than stellar balcony/veranda, feels very hard. We almost booked a good deal on an Azamara transatlantic but the cabin looked so small and the balcony so tiny and the bathroom so minuscule ... we just couldn't do it, elegant as it promised to be.

Remember when you first get into your cabin, ask your butler for cushions for the lounge chairs. They will bring them in happily and it is a good addition. We are in cabin 1208 (we have been in 1210, 1209, and 1237 in the past). Where are you? You will find these cabins so incredibly convenient to the walking deck, pool, and buffet right below. I can't wait until March 23rd. It's like going home.

Fern

Fern.

Thanks for your prompt response. I didn't expect it so soon. Thought I'd take a look just in case.

We're in 1221. Re your advice about the cushions - actually, it had already occurred to me to do just that.... ask the butler as soon as we arrive.

I can understand your reservations about Azamara being so much smaller in every way, particularly cabin size, bathroom, etc. However, we sailed on the Azamara Quest soon after she was launched by Celebrity in 2007 and then had two subsequent Azamara cruises - all three before the prices went sky-high. We absolutely loved it and would sail Azamara again in a heartbeat, if only the cost wasn't so much. Who knows, it might happen some time.

We look forward to meeting you.

Rita

• 2 years later...

balcony is smaller than adjacent cabins......however it is the very best location on the ship......since final pymt is so far away I'm sure one of the adjacent SS will come free---- you just need to check by very often and then switch

It will happen...:):) good luck