Lost on our first Cruise

HvySeezFcstr

Enjoyed our first cruise. We sailed to Alaska on the Eurodam. Liked everything about the cruise except for a few minor things like the coffee at the Lido buffet and the apparent Dutch Pies were much drier than what we are used to.

Never found the Explorations Cafe / Crows nest on the Eurodam. Can someone post the directions.

Our next cruise is to Hawaii on the Westerdam and couldn't find a NY Pizza on the Deck chart. Is there a NY Pizza on the Westerdam? Are the directions to the Exlorations Cafe / Crows Nest the same as the Eurodam?

One other question... Where is the entry to the Parking that is across the street from Pier 66 where the Sky Bridge is in Seattle?

I just checked out the deck plans for the Eurodam since I haven't sailed on her before. EXC/Crow's Nest is on deck 11, Observation deck. I don't believe there is a NY Pizza on Westerdam. I've sailed Westerdam twice and the only pizza I've seen is in the Lido buffet.

Enjoyed our first cruise. We sailed to Alaska on the Eurodam. Liked everything about the cruise except for a few minor things like the coffee at the Lido buffet and the apparent Dutch Pies were much drier than what we are used to.

Never found the Explorations Cafe / Crows nest on the Eurodam. Can someone post the directions.

Our next cruise is to Hawaii on the Westerdam and couldn't find a NY Pizza on the Deck chart. Is there a NY Pizza on the Westerdam? Are the directions to the Exlorations Cafe / Crows Nest the same as the Eurodam?

One other question... Where is the entry to the Parking that is across the street from Pier 66 where the Sky Bridge is in Seattle?

When you embarked, you should have received a mini-deck plan for your ship along with the key cards that provided access to your stateroom. Did you receive that mini-deck plan? And, if so, it would have helped you find your way around the ship.

In Seattle, there is a parking garage near Pier 66. It is somewhat North of the Pier and its entrance appeared to me to be off the street that runs along Pier 66. (I don't remember the name of the street.) There is a Sky Bridge across the street, but having never used it, I cannot supply details for you. There may be information available as to what you are seeking on the Port of Seattle's web site.

Be aware that at times the traffic along the street next to Pier 66 can be extremely heavy. (I have stayed at the Marriott Waterfront Hotel across from Pier 66 and have witnessed this many times.)

When you embarked, you should have received a mini-deck plan for your ship along with the key cards that provided access to your stateroom. Did you receive that mini-deck plan? And, if so, it would have helped you find your way around the ship.

In Seattle, there is a parking garage near Pier 66. It is somewhat North of the Pier and its entrance appeared to me to be off the street that runs along Pier 66. (I don't remember the name of the street.) There is a Sky Bridge across the street, but having never used it, I cannot supply details for you. There may be information available as to what you are seeking on the Port of Seattle's web site.

Be aware that at times the traffic along the street next to Pier 66 can be extremely heavy. (I have stayed at the Marriott Waterfront Hotel across from Pier 66 and have witnessed this many times.)

Thanks. Would like to take a Norwegian Cruise line sometime, but not with the traffic near Pier 66.

You make it sound as if you have been searching and gave up. If so, the directions are next to each elevator? There are crew everywhere who'd walk you there? Fellow guests?

Fully agree about Lido coffee, but you can have nice coffee for a fee (and it's included if you have a beverage package)

Thanks. Would like to take a Norwegian Cruise line sometime, but not with the traffic near Pier 66.

No! No! No! Discouraging you from considering such a NCL cruise due to potential traffic issues near Pier 66 was NEVER the intent of my comments. I apologize since you seem to have taken them as such. The comment that I made was meant "to inform", nothing more. Arriving in the vicinity of the Pier's parking garage in a timely manner will reduce your stress and prevent issues.

Getting the precise directions for how to get into the Parking Garage from wherever you are driving will be helpful. I cannot help you with that. How to get to the Sky Bridge from there, I don't know. Accessing the Port of Seattle's web site ought to help you.

Be aware that you should be able to drop luggage and people off in front of Pier 66 prior to finding the parking garage.

No! No! No! Discouraging you from considering such a NCL cruise due to potential traffic issues near Pier 66 was NEVER the intent of my comments. I apologize since you seem to have taken them as such. The comment that I made was meant "to inform", nothing more. Arriving in the vicinity of the Pier's parking garage in a timely manner will reduce your stress and prevent issues.

Getting the precise directions for how to get into the Parking Garage from wherever you are driving will be helpful. I cannot help you with that. How to get to the Sky Bridge from there, I don't know. Accessing the Port of Seattle's web site ought to help you.

Be aware that you should be able to drop luggage and people off in front of Pier 66 prior to finding the parking garage.

Last week I visited the Port of Seattle's Web site and found little information on directions. The advantage of parking in the Parking garage across the street from Pier 66 is that there is a shuttle that will take our luggage, in that case I wouldn't need to use the Sky Bridge.

tx sir.

You make it sound as if you have been searching and gave up. If so, the directions are next to each elevator? There are crew everywhere who'd walk you there? Fellow guests?

Fully agree about Lido coffee, but you can have nice coffee for a fee (and it's included if you have a beverage package)

This

We were on the Eurodam several weeks ago and there is a large map right next to each elevator (except the glass observation ones). IIRC, there was an Orange book about the ship on the desk that also had a map in it in addition to the small map that you were given when you receive your sea card at check in.

And the Lido coffee was ok but to be expected when they’re brewed in those large cafeteria style urns

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Herfnerd

Haha! This reminded me of the cruise we took both sets of parents on years ago. They had never been on a ship, we thought we would just say, "Let's all meet in the main lobby." All four of them got lost. From that first evening we decided I would go to my parents cabin and get them and my husband went to his parents cabin. Three of our parents are gone now...that cruise made some of the best memories.