Bringing the “2” bottles of wine onboard

suizas

Two part question:

So if there are 2 adults in a stateroom and you board the ship at separate times (or just not together) and both have 2 bottles, how do they know if the other person has already brought on 2 bottles?

Also, can you place the wine in your suitcase or do you have to carry it on?

Thanks! Susan

Sent from my iPad using Forums

ROyal does not specify how to bring the wine on, you can carry it on or put it in checked bags. However, if you carry it on, you have less chance of breakage and less change of having a delay in your luggage delivery.

I really like this perk and I don't think it's a good idea to puiblicly discuss mechanisms to flaunt the rules, as we will find this perk changed like we just saw them recently require both guests in a stateroom to purchase a drink package.

Two part question:

So if there are 2 adults in a stateroom and you board the ship at separate times (or just not together) and both have 2 bottles, how do they know if the other person has already brought on 2 bottles?

Also, can you place the wine in your suitcase or do you have to carry it on?

Thanks! Susan

Only two 750 ml bottles of wine cabin, any more than that is against the rules, but I have never observed security matching up carry on bags through the scanner with cabin numbers. My DH helped my sister with her (as usual too many :rolleyes:) carry on bags. He had his bag with one bottle in it, I had mine with one bottle, and he also had her two bottles in her bag he carried on for her. Didn't think about it until later.

I would never pack wine bottles in my suitcase...only my carry on. Don't want to find Chard or Cab flavored clothes in my suitcase. :eek:

Some ports have a check list. They are starting to get wise to cheaters. You can pack in your luggage but it might buy you a one way ticket to the naughty room to prove it’s only wine. Also, the way they throw luggage around, you could end up with ruined clothes.

• Like 1

ROyal does not specify how to bring the wine on, you can carry it on or put it in checked bags. However, if you carry it on, you have less chance of breakage and less change of having a delay in your luggage delivery.

I really like this perk and I don't think it's a good idea to puiblicly discuss mechanisms to flaunt the rules, as we will find this perk changed like we just saw them recently require both guests in a stateroom to purchase a drink package.

Agree....

This IS the best perk that everyone (first time cruiser to Pinnacle) gets to use.

Royal could remove it at anytime.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses. I was curious more than anything - I certainly would not want this perk to disappear! Was disappointed when they changed the rules on the bev package :(

I think you all are lucky. I resent the fact that I can bring wine, which I don't drink, but can't bring water which I do drink. It doesn't make any sense to me.

They normally allow water, even though they have a rule against it. I suspect it is so they can refuse water during the spring break time, when they think it's most likely to be used to smuggle alcohol.

if you put the wine on a checked bag, the bag will likely be held in the security area. After departure, you will have to go to security, open the bag, let them look at the wine. Your bag will not be delivered to the cabin.

We too enjoy the perk and would hate to see it end. I wish we could take more than 2 bottles for longer cruises. We have a 15 night transatlantic and two bottles won’t go far.

Cheers.

I think you all are lucky. I resent the fact that I can bring wine, which I don't drink, but can't bring water which I do drink. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Have you ever tried bringing bottles of water thru security in your carry on? It's not like your trying to sneak the water on the ship. I guess those that only drink other alcohol drinks have the same argument.

Many bring water for every cruise. Have you tried.

I always pack my 6-8 bottles of my favorite water in a separate bag with a handle on it and check it. Just once I had to collect it down in the "naughty room". Once I opened it in front of security and showed them the water bottles, they shrugged and said.."OK"...and let me have them.

Indeed as Bob mentioned...they are really just looking for alcohol.

Do they actually check the bottles to verify that it is wine? What if someone poured out the wine and put in vodka or something else in the wine bottle? If they don't check, I suspect people will be cheating the system that way.

Try it and post your experience.

I was just curious if they actually check. With the Deluxe Beverage Package my alcohol is already paid for. I don't need to sneak any onboard.

Only a suggestion as I wasn't sure from the wording in your post as to what your possible intensions were. That's all.

They want your bottles of wine in Carry on, doesnt matter if its 3 nt or 14 nts, 2 bottles only.

And that's one example of where I wish they could adjust their rules. Our shortest ever cruise was 3 nights and we were allowed to take 2 bottles. Soon going to take our longest - 23 nights - and it's still 2 bottles :rolleyes:

I'm not sailing till May 14th, but I will try to bring water and see what happens. Thanks.
75% of the time I've been able to give the porters a case of water with a luggage tag taped to it. The other times I've had to put it on top of my carry on with wheels.

One time I had to pull one of the bottles out and shake it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk