RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

If a alcohol drink is that important in the MDR, why not just buy one? In the old days taking drinks out of the lounge was prohibited. It was not always enforced.

I have a recent picture of the sign in CL were is says not to remove drinks from lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm told someone on Brilliance tripped going down the stairs because they were carrying free drinks from CL.

It did not end well. This was prior to the fall 2017 TA. Surprised that didn't make them enforce the "rules".

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I like a can of San Miguel on the balcony when leaving port and Pauline has a sparkling water.

On Harmony we went into the D lounge at 5 pm for a few snacks and carried a few glasses of champagne back to the cabin after 30 minutes.

Our balcony was on deck 8 so around 7.30 we just sat on Central Park instead of the DL and the barman at the trellis bar most nights just gave me a full bottle of sparkling wine and 2 glasses.

When sailing Oasis, the Trellis bar is our choice. The areas is so peaceful, folks seem to simply stroll through. The live music is also nice. We have a drink or maybe two there and then head to dinner. Even with the limited seating at the small bar and the few tall tables, there is always a seat. Staff there are so nice.

Sounds like you had a nice bar tender.

enjoy

M

Very broken. Stuck in the same groove over and over and over..... then that could apply to most of this thread.

Did you look at the videos I posted in the Roll Call?

JC

Come on JC....

What suggestions you offer to eliminate crowding in the DL?

I think I avoid jail with this reply.

Personally I've never experienced that. Free coffee, not broken machines. [emoji6]

Whenever the machines break down in the DL or CL we just walk down to cafe promenade and tell them the machine is broken and ask for our free macchiato.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Well then why all the complaining about overcrowded Lounges with no overflow?

This thread was about overcrowded Lounges not offering overflow. I offer a solution to that over crowding. We enjoy the Lounges too but have a drink package.

Then YOU'RE part of the problem. You can go to any bar on the ship day or night and drink all you want with your drink package. But instead you choose to take up space in one of the lounges.

Here's a solution for you. Those with drink packages shouldn't be allowed in the lounges at night.

Then YOU'RE part of the problem. You can go to any bar on the ship day or night and drink all you want with your drink package. But instead you choose to take up space in one of the lounges.

Here's a solution for you. Those with drink packages shouldn't be allowed in the lounges at night.

Love it.

This thread was about overcrowded Lounges not offering overflow.

The thread is about "new" policy of not having overflow. There is no published policy guaranteeing overflow. Therefore RCI is just doing what people always ask "Enforce the rules". This wasn't a thread about overcrowding or how to resolve that through reduction of guest benefits. You're right on one point troy, they aren't going to add more non-revenue space.

Come on JC....

I'm not JC, but here are some suggestions to eliminate crowding in DL:

Make it so drink vouchers can be used in MDR as well as theater

Extend the time vouchers can be used; maybe until 10PM, to allow guests to use them during evening entertainment.

Limit Diamond Club to 2 hours of cocktails and appetizers; say 4:30PM-6:30PM. This would encourage guests to utilize vouchers elsewhere and spread out over more time. No one gets kicked out of the lounge, per se, they just have more convenient options and possibly less attractive lounge hours.

The product can be tailored to actually reduce crowding and increase guest experience without really removing a benefit from any one group.

Come on JC....

I have never ever complained of the crowding in the D lounge. I think it is a tremendous perk. I know that a few years ago they started offering the 3 free drinks in any lounge, and that was RCI dealing with the crowding in the DL. On some ships they offer an overflow lounge, and I experienced it on my first cruise with a diamond lounge. It was the Freedom and I had been on a couple of ships with a nightly diamond event, I think they were in the dungeon, they were great. Then on the Freedom, we went up to the VCL, and there were a ton of people at the bar, they invited us to sit with them which we did for the rest of the cruise, I never one time went into the diamond lounge, I wasn’t sure it was actually the room off the VCL. It was great. A couple of nights into the cruise, the Pinnacles (there were 3 on that sailing) started coming out of the DL to hang out with the group at the VCL (which is a better venue). I got to meet them (lucky me:halo:). They and the D+ people were all trying to book the last sailing of the Monarch (I think). Lord Timothy one of the Ps explained how you can sail continuously wearing undershirts to keep your clothes from smelling, and you go to Walmart between cruises and buy fresh. It was all fascinating to me. A wierd glimpse into a possible future retirement.

So, if you want me to winge about the DL you are barking up the wrong tree. I don’t care if the ship is sailing at 100% diamond capacity with that being the lowest designation, they are going to offer me at least 3 drinks somewhere, I am pretty happy with that arrangement. If I want more I can time my dinner to be after about 7PM and my experience is it is not a problem getting a drink in the DL. I appreciate when they do an overflow lounge, but I am not like Graupa, I am not going to winge about they need to give me more space or even 5 drinks.

I think the DL as they are and as they are possibly going are a super awesome perk and that this thread is a complete waste of time.

My next sailing is on the Radiance, and my friends are in a full-suite, we have a large aft balcony non-suite, and I will probably be allowed my choice of the CL or the DL. On the sailing right after that on the Symphony a transatlantic (with a bazillion Ds and higher) I will probably be getting 3 drinks somewhere else (unless they open an overflow lounge) but I will get my cappuccino and expresso double press, and some Australian Stritzel each morning there.

Remember I am not here to tell RCI how to run their business, it seems to me about 95% of the time they do an excellent job. If they remove the flowrider, or I become unable to participate, I will probably transfer to X because I do like food, however if I have a heart attack, and have to change my diet, I will probably stay with RCI to save a few shillings.

Happy?:loudcry:

JC

Extend the time vouchers can be used; maybe until 10PM, to allow guests to use them during evening entertainment.

Limit Diamond Club to 2 hours of cocktails and appetizers; say 4:30PM-6:30PM. This would encourage guests to utilize vouchers elsewhere and spread out over more time. No one gets kicked out of the lounge, per se, they just have more convenient options and possibly less attractive lounge hours.

The product can be tailored to actually reduce crowding and increase guest experience without really removing a benefit from any one group.

430-630??? [emoji33]

We aren’t even ready for the evening by that time. Don’t leave the pool deck or sports deck til 6 ish and then get ready. Head to the DL about 7-730 and then late seating for 830 when we aren’t in the specialty’s. That’s why we eat later. Makes your “daytime” that much longer.

430-630??? [emoji33]

We aren’t even ready for the evening by that time. Don’t leave the pool deck or sports deck til 6 ish and then get ready. Head to the DL about 7-730 and then late seating for 830 when we aren’t in the specialty’s. That’s why we eat later. Makes your “daytime” that much longer.

Exactly. Why penalise the late diners? The DL for us is a place to go for a pre-dinner drink so we usually get there around 7.30. This is one reason I like The RC lounges better than the Celebrity 'elite' cocktail hour which only runs from 5 to 7 so we rarely attend.

I don't see reducing the hours a solution. That would only mean long lines to get in and folks getting there even earlier than they do just now

I do think they should and probably leave as it is and let the people adjust to the new rules.

I read your post.

Increase size of Lounge. (Eliminate revenue producing areas). Don’t think so.

Increase SeaPass drinks to 5 ( not going to happen).

Royal already gives D+ a 30% and P 40% off drink packages. What more would you want?

As i keep saying we are fine in Europe.

Most people on here are nice people from the US and it is in support of them that i post potential solutions for them.

He probably has a pacemaker now. 😉

He was getting on a bit but his voice was still good.

He was delighted when he realised we knew him and asked for the song:

Ferry across the Mersey which was brilliant.

He sang :

You'll never walk alone and lots of people sang along with him.

As i keep saying we are fine in Europe.

Most people on here are nice people from the US and it is in support of them that i post potential solutions for them.

Hows the snow this morning.

Heavy here just now but not really lying. Very windy and wind chill is -12. Chaos on the roads, so I won't be going far

When sailing Oasis, the Trellis bar is our choice. The areas is so peaceful, folks seem to simply stroll through. The live music is also nice. We have a drink or maybe two there and then head to dinner. Even with the limited seating at the small bar and the few tall tables, there is always a seat. Staff there are so nice.

Sounds like you had a nice bar tender.

enjoy

M

It was lovely,you described it perfectly.

Very broken. Stuck in the same groove over and over and over..... then that could apply to most of this thread.

Did you look at the videos I posted in the Roll Call?

JC

TBH most threads go through that stage but most of us don't mind and keep posting.

Graham.

Fantastic response lol.

I have never ever complained of the crowding in the D lounge. I think it is a tremendous perk. I know that a few years ago they started offering the 3 free drinks in any lounge, and that was RCI dealing with the crowding in the DL. On some ships they offer an overflow lounge, and I experienced it on my first cruise with a diamond lounge. It was the Freedom and I had been on a couple of ships with a nightly diamond event, I think they were in the dungeon, they were great. Then on the Freedom, we went up to the VCL, and there were a ton of people at the bar, they invited us to sit with them which we did for the rest of the cruise, I never one time went into the diamond lounge, I wasn’t sure it was actually the room off the VCL. It was great. A couple of nights into the cruise, the Pinnacles (there were 3 on that sailing) started coming out of the DL to hang out with the group at the VCL (which is a better venue). I got to meet them (lucky me:halo:). They and the D+ people were all trying to book the last sailing of the Monarch (I think). Lord Timothy one of the Ps explained how you can sail continuously wearing undershirts to keep your clothes from smelling, and you go to Walmart between cruises and buy fresh. It was all fascinating to me. A wierd glimpse into a possible future retirement.

So, if you want me to winge about the DL you are barking up the wrong tree. I don’t care if the ship is sailing at 100% diamond capacity with that being the lowest designation, they are going to offer me at least 3 drinks somewhere, I am pretty happy with that arrangement. If I want more I can time my dinner to be after about 7PM and my experience is it is not a problem getting a drink in the DL. I appreciate when they do an overflow lounge, but I am not like Graupa, I am not going to winge about they need to give me more space or even 5 drinks.

I think the DL as they are and as they are possibly going are a super awesome perk and that this thread is a complete waste of time.

My next sailing is on the Radiance, and my friends are in a full-suite, we have a large aft balcony non-suite, and I will probably be allowed my choice of the CL or the DL. On the sailing right after that on the Symphony a transatlantic (with a bazillion Ds and higher) I will probably be getting 3 drinks somewhere else (unless they open an overflow lounge) but I will get my cappuccino and expresso double press, and some Australian Stritzel each morning there.

Remember I am not here to tell RCI how to run their business, it seems to me about 95% of the time they do an excellent job. If they remove the flowrider, or I become unable to participate, I will probably transfer to X because I do like food, however if I have a heart attack, and have to change my diet, I will probably stay with RCI to save a few shillings.

Happy?:loudcry:

JC

This is a great post probably the best post you have written,well done.

You mentioned me but like i keep telling Troy:

We are unaffected by overcrowding in DLs,CLs in Europe and my suggestions are only in support of my US friends who seem to encounter this regularly.