Aft balcony on the Triumph

razorback39

I have an upcoming 5 day booked on the Triumph in April. I recently upgraded from a regular balcony on the 6th floor to an aft balcony on the 8th floor. Does anyone have any experience with the aft balconies on the Triumph? I’ve read some reviews where there is a problem with soot on some aft balconies. Is the spot a problem on the Triumph? Any other pros or cons? Thanks

Soot happens on all ships..... Many times it happens more in the evening/night when the Captain will utilize different speeds. Very rarely will you encounter during the day.Your steward will clean each morning or evening depending what service time you choose. As new ships come into service using LNG... some of this problem will dissipate. But not for the majority of the current cruise fleet

We had a center Aft on the Triumph several years ago. On Deck 7. We had no trouble with ash or soot but did find it was a little hotter than a regular side facing balcony. Even when we sat in the shady, covered part of the balcony.

Being an official "aft rat", I wouldn't give up my aft cabin, even for a suite! (Except a Vista suite.) My first balcony was on the Triumph. I've been hooked ever since!

Yes, it DOES get hot, but not all day. The view, in my opinion, can't be beat!

ENJOY!

Never had an aft, but I have stayed in aft wraps several times (including the Triumph). Personally I would not get an aft for the following reasons:

• As others have said, too hot! We've resorted to filling the ice bucket with water and splashing in on the deck. It is hot!
  • They charge more than a regular balcony.
  • No breeze when compared to a regular balcony.
  • You only can see where you've been, not what's coming up.
  • Debris/soot on the balcony.
  • No privacy, anyone can stand next to the rail and see your entire balcony. Heaven forbid they're "chatty" (e.g. Hi there! We're from Little Rock AK, where are you folks from?).
  • People above can look down on you too.

If you afford it, get a wrap. Having the side portion is such a relief from the heat, gives you privacy, and a view of what's coming up. Plus you get a 270° view and a 30' balcony.

If you afford it, get a wrap. Having the side portion is such a relief from the heat, gives you privacy, and a view of what's coming up. Plus you get a 270° view and a 30' balcony.

Problem is, I never see an aft wrap available. Heck, we had to book the AEB 18 months prior to sail date. Any secrets to booking a wrap, something I may be missing?